Max couldn't duck Aldo if he wanted to

Is there a source beside Aldo or Ariel that confirms this as a legit offer? I really don't believe either of them.

Khabib also gave the reasons as to why he turned it down. Said Aldo is too little, and that the UFC are playing him. So unless Aldo, Ariel and Khabib are all lying, then it seems legit.

I really don't get why people keep using this...What do you mean he sat out? He only just fought and beat Edgar, who was the top rated fighter he could possibly fight for the Interim title. It's hard to sit out when you have no choice but to wait on the outcome of another fight for your next fight, or you've been told you're getting the title shot next, but the champion decides to go on holiday instead.

He's only just beaten Edgar, who was ranked higher than Max. Now that Max is the top guy, Aldo has signed to fight him straight away...on a card that Max demanded no less.

Aldo's last fight was in July. He could have easily fought Max this month, but chose to make Max fight Pettis instead. He had no other offers.

Is there a source beside Aldo or Ariel that confirms this as a legit offer? I really don't believe either of them.
Why would they lie and Khabib basically confirmed it when he said he doesn't bully little fighters

That's all fine and good. But considering Max is suggesting Aldo is running and has been talking shit for a year, it seems mighty cuntish to then pull out of the fight he demanded happen and keep talking shit about Aldo running, whilst saying "I'm not taking this fight and I'm going on vacation instead". Aldo has already accepted and signed on to fight him, so his part is done. He's also willing to move up to 155 to chase CM. What more could you possibly ask of a top fighter than to sign on to fight the top contender and Interim champ, and if he pulls out, to offer to move up and fight the top contender in the division above who just lost his own big fight because of another top contender pulling out?

Whatever his math skills might be, the only guy that seems unwilling to do anything here is Max, who flat out refused the fight after talking shit for a year and demanding it for the huge 208 card.
Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 12.06.34 AM.png

Ariel is a contard, and he loves Max. Why would make that up about Aldo? not a huge ariel fan, but he has good sources and he doesn't report bullshit.

Khabib also gave the reasons as to why he turned it down. Said Aldo is too little, and that the UFC are playing him. So unless Aldo, Ariel and Khabib are all lying, then it seems legit.

I guess I could see that if Tony was being difficult or too "greedy", but it's not like the UFC doesn't throw out BS offers to get guys to sign bout agreements (e.g. Khabib-Eddie contract).

Aldo's last fight was in July. He could have easily fought Max this month, but chose to make Max fight Pettis instead. He had no other offers.

Yes, but Aldo wasn't offered the Max fight earlier. He was given the Edgar fight. Contrary to popular opinion here, Aldo isn't actually the matchmaker for the UFC. He can suggest guys he wants to fight, or call guys out, but none of that actually changes who the UFC give you. When he gets asked to fight, he can accept or decline. Aldo accepted to fight Max when the fight got offered to him.

Max declined to fight Aldo when the offer was given to him, even after calling him out and saying "I'll fight you at 208".

I really don't get why people keep using this...What do you mean he sat out? He only just fought and beat Edgar, who was the top rated fighter he could possibly fight for the Interim title. It's hard to sit out when you have no choice but to wait on the outcome of another fight for your next fight, or you've been told you're getting the title shot next, but the champion decides to go on holiday instead.

He's only just beaten Edgar, who was ranked higher than Max. Now that Max is the top guy, Aldo has signed to fight him straight away...on a card that Max demanded no less.

but you have no point. So Max can't do 208, move it back a bit and there is no issue UNLESS Aldo makes an issue.

Agree or disagree, Aldo was not defending the interim belt while conor didn't defend the real one.
he said he'd either fight Conor to unify the belt or defend the real belt if Conor vacated. As soon as he had the real belt, he signed to defend it. Now that's not Max's fault, but it's not Aldo's either. put that on Dana and Conor. They'd have stripped him before he fought Eddie like they said they would if Conor didn't defend the FW belt next after 202, Aldo and Max would've fought at 206.

If you're a fan of Max, you should realize that if Aldo had defended the interim belt, conor would still have the real one and Max wouldn't be fighting for the Real FW belt until 2018.

I guess I could see that if Tony was being difficult or too "greedy", but it's not like the UFC doesn't throw out BS offers to get guys to sign bout agreements (e.g. Khabib-Eddie contract).

True. It's always hard to know what's what considering what goes on behind the scenes. We can only go on what we do know, and we do know that Max asked to fight Aldo at 208, Aldo accepted, then Max refused when told Aldo had signed the contract, so then it seems as though the UFC told Aldo he could fight Khabib to get a shot at Conor, because T-Ferg pulled out for whatever reason, and he agreed to that too.

Frankly, despite everything else, Aldo is looking like the only fighter in this current situation and the complete opposite of what everyone seems to love hating and shitting on the guy for. Not many other top current champs would sign on the fight their number one contender, and after he pulls out, straight away sign on the fight the top contender of the next division up instead simply to get a shot at the guy that beat you.

but you have no point. So Max can't do 208, move it back a bit and there is no issue UNLESS Aldo makes an issue.

Yes, but none of that has happened and is simply future conjecture that doesn't have any bearing on the current situation, which is what everyone's talking about. You're shitting on Aldo for possibly making an issue in some hypothetical future scenario that hasn't even happened, while giving Max a pass for actually doing what you're ragging on Aldo about not doing, right now in reality.

There is no issue. Aldo is just accepting fights the UFC is offering him. You think after he got fucked over the entire year, and conor gets stripped rather than unifying the belt, you think Aldo should now follow some ethical standard that was not followed when he was the one trying to get a fight with the champion? Come on man.
They offer him a LW fight, he should turn it down to be fair to Max who's been calling him a pussy for months? Why would he do that?
all irrelevant. Khabib will fight Tony and Aldo will fight Max. this is all negotiating bullshit by the UFC to screw Tony out of money.

True. It's always hard to know what's what considering what goes on behind the scenes. We can only go on what we do know, and we do know that Max asked to fight Aldo at 208, Aldo accepted, then Max refused when told Aldo had signed the contract, so then it seems as though the UFC told Aldo he could fight Khabib to get a shot at Conor, because T-Ferg pulled out for whatever reason, and he agreed to that too.

Frankly, despite everything else, Aldo is looking like the only fighter in this current situation and the complete opposite of what everyone seems to love hating and shitting on the guy for. Not many other top current champs would sign on the fight their number one contender, and after he pulls out, straight away sign on the fight the top contender of the next division up instead simply to get a shot at the guy that beat you.

He had no choice but to sign. Halloway has the interim belt. It's sign or relinquish the belt.

exactly, and well put.
All Aldo is doing is accepting fights that are offered to him. He's not on twitter trashing people every day. he's not ducking anyone. he's not holding out for more money. He's just accepting the fights put in front of him.

There is no issue. Aldo is just accepting fights the UFC is offering him. You think after he got fucked over the entire year, and conor gets stripped rather than unifying the belt, you think Aldo should now follow some ethical standard that was not followed when he was the one trying to get a fight with the champion? Come on man.
They offer him a LW fight, he should turn it down to be fair to Max who's been calling him a pussy for months? Why would he do that?
all irrelevant. Khabib will fight Tony and Aldo will fight Max. this is all negotiating bullshit by the UFC to screw Tony out of money.

He should accept the FW fight in March because the UFC is fucking with him by "offering" him a LW interim fight. Simple as that.

But but but but Feburary! He said Feb.

eyeroll.gif.

Max is fighting, sorry if he didn't call out Aldo for the right date. I can give him some leeway.

He should accept the FW fight in March because the UFC is fucking with him by "offering" him a LW interim fight. Simple as that.
Who said that a march fight has even been offered? They offered him a LW fight. he accepted that. they offered him 208, and he accepted that.
Again, Aldo is just accepting fights offered to him by the UFC. How you can criticize him for that is beyond me.

Max "Jose waldo" Holloway

Haha what a joke. Where you at max!?

Who said that a march fight has even been offered? They offered him a LW fight. he accepted that. they offered him 208, and he accepted that.
Again, Aldo is just accepting fights offered to him by the UFC. How you can criticize him for that is beyond me.
god damn give it up. Aldo isn't fighting at LW. Enough with your nonsense. I'm done responding to you.

Back