Mauro Ranallo Unloads on Jon Jones & Dana White: "It's devastating, it's shocking..."

You shouldn't be able to "earn" an exception. Same rules for everyone or no rules at all, it's that simple.

1. The rules have not been applied differently for Jones. His is a unique case.

2. Had the UFC "suspended" him for six months, would you be happy?

3. To expect that a fighter as accomplished and as great as Jones should be treated exactly the same as any no name fighter in the prelims is idealistic idiocy and complete ignorance of how every society in human history has worked. He has earned an exception.

1. The rules have not been applied differently for Jones. His is a unique case.

2. Had the UFC "suspended" him for six months, would you be happy?
If that meant that he was treated as everyone else? Yeah, sure.

3. To expect that a fighter as accomplished and as great as Jones should be treated exactly the same as any no name fighter in the prelims is idealistic idiocy and complete ignorance of how every society in human history has worked. He has earned an exception.
None of that changes that fact that everyone should be treated equally when it comes to breaking the rules. Just because something has always been a certain way doesn't mean that it should be that way.

His mouth openeth and diarrhea spews forth.

Mauro is a caricature. Cannot take him seriously.

What the fuck at all these non-responses in this topic. People will literally disagree with logic and reasoning simply because someone is "irrelevant" or "overreacting" or they don't like him. Bullshit.

Mauro is just calling for consistency. He's calling for simple rules to be followed as opposed to just making shit up on the fly.

Either illegal substance abuse is illegal within MMA or it's not. Why the fuck are they testing him for it if they aren't going to do anything with the results? Do I care that Jon did coke last month? Not really. But then why the hell is the commission releasing this information? And if they're releasing it, why are they doing nothing with it. I mean, did the commission just want us all to know Jon's a coke head and that's the end of the fucking story? Coke is ok but weed isn't? It's all a cluster fuck. UFC and the commissions need to figure something out.

What the fuck at all these non-responses in this topic. People will literally disagree with logic and reasoning simply because someone is "irrelevant" or "overreacting" or they don't like him. Bullshit.

Mauro is just calling for consistency. He's calling for simple rules to be followed as opposed to just making shit up on the fly.

Either illegal substance abuse is illegal within MMA or it's not. Why the fuck are they testing him for it if they aren't going to do anything with the results? Do I care that Jon did coke last month? Not really. But then why the hell is the commission releasing this information? And if they're releasing it, why are they doing nothing with it. I mean, did the commission just want us all to know Jon's a coke head and that's the end of the fucking story? Coke is ok but weed isn't? It's all a cluster fuck. UFC and the commissions need to figure something out.

The commission wasn't even supposed to test for cocaine. All results of the tests they do must be released if there's a public inquiry.

All this brouhaha about Jones getting preferential treatment and any other fighter would be punished is poorly though out. Cocaine isn't supposed to be tested for out of competition, only banned substances out of competition like masking agents and PEDs. Since it is not banned testing positive for it in a different case where there was another commission mistake and it was tested for and a fighter was positive there is no grounds for punishment by the commission.

Once again coke and weed function differently in one's system. Weed will leave traces far, far longer in a person. Fighters failing in competition tests for Weed even though they might not have been lighting up near the fight was a commission policy issue with the limit they were enforcing and one that has been addressed. The allowable limit for weed metabolites were raised 3X.

Mauro benefits from negative press on the UFC. He doesn't give a fuck morally, he's just rubbing his hands greedily.

If that meant that he was treated as everyone else? Yeah, sure.

Who has been treated differently when testing positive for out of competition drug use? Name some names.

I understand why Pat Healy would be upset, because the marijuana metabolites in his system point to usage far prior to his fight. but he did fail the post fight test. At least the levels of marijuana metabolites allowed has been raised to avoid busting guys for usage a month prior.

Healy and others were dealt with badly by the commission, and the changing of the rules suggests that they know this. Holding Jones to a standard that has since been changed and that everyone agreed was stupid is, well, stupid.

None of that changes that fact that everyone should be treated equally when it comes to breaking the rules. Just because something has always been a certain way doesn't mean that it should be that way.

No doubt. I completely agree that the law should apply to all equally. It was your second comment "or there should be no rules" that strikes me as naive. Are you really suggesting that if we cannot have perfectly egalitarian justice, we should give up on the idea of a justice system at all? Lol.

In your indignation at Jones not being punished for personal cocaine use while not in a UFC fight, you are making the common mistake of allowing the perfect to become the enemy of the good.

No doubt. I completely agree that the law should apply to all equally. It was your second comment "or there should be no rules" that strikes me as naive. Are you really suggesting that if we cannot have perfectly egalitarian justice, we should give up on the idea of a justice system at all? Lol.
If the goal of the rules are not to treat everyone equally there shouldn't be any rules, it's that simple.

If the goal of the rules are not to treat everyone equally there shouldn't be any rules, it's that simple.

it's silly to not understand that the more valuable you are, the more leeway you will be given. but in this particular case, there's no other point of reference.

1. No. It is not that simple. That was the very reason I originally replied to you that no set of laws has ever been equally applied in the history of mankind. By your logic, there should therefore never be any laws.

2. You still have not demonstrated that Jones has been treated differently than any other fighter. What exception is being made for him? Has a fighter ever tested positive for recreational drugs outside of competition and been suspended?

Lol Mauro sounds so uninformed. Those people who failed marijuana tests did so in a post-fight test, Jones wasn't even supposed to be tested for Cocaine or have the results released after that. The guy isn't even informed on what he's talking about, just rambling.

You still have not demonstrated that Jones has been treated differently than any other fighter. What exception is being made for him? Has a fighter ever tested positive for recreational drugs outside of competition and been suspended?

Jones is actually being tested unfairly than any other fighter, like you said he's literally the first UFC fighter in history to get popped (on a test that shouldn't have happened) for recreational drugs outside fight night.

This is an unprecedented event when anyone says Jones is being treated "differently" i assume that person just isn't very smart, because there's never been someone in Jones situation before lol.

1. No. It is not that simple. That was the very reason I originally replied to you that no set of laws has ever been equally applied in the history of mankind. By your logic, there should therefore never be any laws.
Just because rules have not been applied equally doesn't mean that the goal of the rules was not to treat people equally.

"MMA, a sport that I have TALKED ABOUT for over a decade*
mAURO

I might be in the minority here but I think both Mauro and Goldberg are awesome

Back