Mauro Ranallo Unloads on Jon Jones & Dana White: "It's devastating, it's shocking..."

Not the GOAT just yet. But could be.

No, no exceptions it sets a terrible standard. I care about the image of the sport, not for people like you and me who honestly dont give a shit (I really dont care he tested positive for coke), but for the people who are outside looking in, that are going to get those ground level fighters more money.

The image of the sport is two people trying to kill each other in a cage. It's never going to get a favorable look from the outside

Well they don't, the exceptional we'll always get leeway. But that courtesy ends when they're no longer exceptional
They might not apply to everyone, but they should.

glad someone in the industry finally told it like it is

this whole thing is a fuckin circus where it doesn't need to be. subject fighters to uniform drug screening and punish jones. its that simple.

Majority of this forum has no idea who Mauro is.

He's most certainly not without a point, but I don't agree with all of it. Mauro is awesome though, wish they'd throw Anik/Florian off the boat and bring Mauro in instead.

He's most certainly not without a point, but I don't agree with all of it. Mauro is awesome though, wish they'd throw Anik/Florian off the boat and bring Mauro in instead.

Mauro is terrible, all he does is yell over people and try too hard to make catchphrases

3rnvk6.jpg

I hope Bellator hires him to commentate, enjoyed him at Strikeforce, he's nerdy i like it

i agree
it is a mess
and i don't like how they handle it

I totally disagree. The rules should apply to everyone, no exceptions.

They did apply the rules correctly to everybody. JBJ didn't actually break any commission rules. Them punishing Jones would actually be against their own rules, and not be applied the same to everybody.

Mauro Ranallo has been present first-hand for some of the greatest times in MMA and continues to be a top commentator and analyst in the sport. However, that does not mean that someone so deeply immersed in the professional side of the sport can not be as angry and confused like us fans are when they heard about Jon Jones' positive drug test for Cocaine.

. . .

. . .

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/12/7529289/mauro-ranallo-frustrated-with-jon-jones-drug-use-in-mma

Did he just say they should have known December 4th? That was the day they tested him, they didn't find out until weeks later.

Back