Mauricao Gomes vs Sergio Penha

Escabar

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was just reading about Sergio Penha on bjj heroes and it stated that he had a match with Mauricao Gomes. This was after his matches against Rickson. Does anyone know who won between these two and have any info on it.

Mauricio armbarred Penha in under 2 minutes iirc.

I think it was before Penha's match with Rickson tho since iirc they were both purple belts?

If oli saw this post he could go and ask Mo direct i guess.

Can't, unfortunately. He went back to Brazil about a week ago.

Sorry. @_@

Thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone have any more info.

sergio was my instructor for a bit when i lived in las vegas, he said that they split the two matches they had against each other, each one of them winning one match. He said both matches were really close and decided by points. takedown decided both if i recall what sergio told me. hope this helps

It must have been amazing to train under him... and painful. Our head coach, BJJ Black Belt Carlos Catania, earned his Black Belt from Sergio and trained with him for over 4 years. Some of the videos of Carlos rolling with Sergio are amazing, especially since Sergio keeps tapping him when no one else can. I'm envious of you having that opportunity. All the best.

Sergio won a match and Mauricao won a match, keep in mind that Mauricao was almost twice as big as Sergio. Sergio is one of the unknown legends of jiu jitsu, if you ask any of the top names in the jiu jitsu community like Galvao, Jacare, among others they will always refer to Sergio as one of teh biggest names in jiu-jistu. It is a shame that there is not that many history on him out there or footage.

Back