Movies THE KING'S MAN (New Red-Band Trailer; In Theaters Dec. 22, 2021)

Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Gemma Arterton Joins Matthew Vaughn's KINGSMAN: THE GREAT GAME

70X3TTm.jpg

Matthew Vaughn’s long-running film relationship with comic book creator Mark Millar began with 2010’s Kick-Ass – and now it’s about to come full-circle, with Dave ‘Kick-Ass’ Lizewski himself about to join the Kingsman universe. Actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson has reportedly joined the cast of Kingsman: The Great Game – a spin-off set in the early 20th century, exploring the origins of the secret spy organisation. His role remains under wraps, but he’s joining the likes of Charles Dance, Daniel Bruhl and Ralph Fiennes in the cast.

Taylor-Johnson isn’t the only fresh addition to the film, with Gemma Arterton also joining the cast. Shooting has begun, in order to get the film ready for release this November – sneaking into the release date vacated by Bond 25. Being set around the time of World War I, The Great Game won’t star Taron Egerton as Eggsy – though the star is set to return for a concluding chapter of the main Kingsman storyline.

“I would like the third one to be better received than the second one was,” Egerton told the Empire Podcast last year. “I felt we got a bit of an unfair kicking if I'm totally honest. I think in some respects it was [difficult] because I just gave everything to it, and then it was so quickly torn down, that I think I did feel a bit of a sting. I think in some respects it probably wasn't quite as well put-together a film as the first one, but it certainly wasn't a bad film. And when we got this real kicking- I think what I would like to happen is for us to do a third one and for it to feel like a worthy third instalment to what has been a great part of my life.”

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/kingsman-great-game-adds-aaron-taylor-johnson/

I still haven't seen the first one yet. Is
it worth it?

Loved the first one. Enjoyed the second although it seemed a bit like a dog running around chasing scentbin a field then finding another scent and chasing that instead.

Didn't really see the point of having Channing Tatum in it for 98 seconds either...

Hate these movies, all style no substance

Smart move, Galahad and Merlin have been the more interesting characters than Eggsy.

Why not just finish the Trilogy why do a prequel ?

Update: July 15, 2019

First Teaser Trailer for Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman Prequel THE KING'S MAN

As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King's Man. Directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film stars Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, with Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance. Opens February 14, 2020.

Update: July 15, 2019

First Teaser Trailer for Matthew Vaughn's Kingsman Prequel THE KING'S MAN

As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King's Man. Directed by Matthew Vaughn, the film stars Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Rhys Ifans, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Harris Dickinson, Daniel Brühl, with Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance. Opens February 14, 2020.

Let's watch! I love these movies I hope it works out

Second movie was awesome too - I
ll give this a wactch

I thought the rock was inbolved

fuck mistakes

Kinda felt over the top and not in a fun campy way either.. didn't land with me.

Then what they did with the 2 characters one bringing him back with no memory and the other just XD him wasn't a good choice. Maybe it was some behind the scenes stuff with the actor that really wanted out who knows but the way they did nope.

Last edited:
Kinda fell over the top and not in a fun campy way either.. didn't land with me.

Then what they did with the 2 characters one bringing him back with no memory and the other just XD him wasn't a good choice. Maybe it was some behind the scenes stuff with the actor that really wanted out who knows but the way they did nope.
I liked it. A but long but mostly a good time

So will they ever have another film taking place after Tatum arrives in England or are they just going to see how this prequel does and go from there?

So will they ever have another film taking place after Tatum arrives in England or are they just going to see how this prequel does and go from there?
I thought the story was Taron wanted to do more projects, so they did a prequel to give him more time, but keep the brand out there.

Back