Matt Wiman?

Danwardo

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any update on him? Not fought since TJ Grant fight over a year ago.

after that grant fight, probably not too handsome anymore.

Wiman x Tavares is one of my favorite LW fights ever. I like Matt quite a bit, he's good everywhere and comes to fight. On his best day he looks like a contender, but he's always been just a little shy of the top guys.

Might be quasi-retired now and LW is a full on shark tank, but he can certainly put on more entertaining fights if he comes back.

TJ Grant gave him a pretty bad beating, and honestly it didn't look like Wiman was all there for that fight. Not surprising to me if he just needed some time to re-evaluate and step back for a bit.

It's pretty crazy thinking about it now, but when Weidman was a nobody, I would constantly confuse him with Wiman

Who cares not top 10 d-level

TJ stole that soul. Wiman got completely wrecked in that fight. He's too small at LW to make any noise and would be too slow at FW. Should save them brain cells.

Who else says his name like Matt Damon's from Team America?

hes my mates favorite fighter of all time, i even bought him a signed photo for christmas, how weird is that shit

Dude was having some personal issues, I forget what. His heart/mind isn't in it.

TJ stole that soul. Wiman got completely wrecked in that fight. He's too small at LW to make any noise and would be too slow at FW. Should save them brain cells.

Too small? He's 5'10.

I've met Wiman a couple of times. Physically he and I are near mirror images of each other in terms of height and overall frame. I might be just a smidge bigger than him, but if so, it not much. I have a six pack at 175 though I'm about 190 at the moment. I'm not sure if Wiman could make 145 if he tried.

Too small? He's 5'10.

He's not a big LW at all. Grant is huge obviously, but even so, Wiman has a 67 inch reach. Being 5'10'' and height in general is irrelevant when you are talking about how big a fighter is unless he's a midget. If you want to put a lot of stock into how tall someone is, 5'10" is pretty average for LWs, there are plenty the same height and taller.

Last edited:
Back