News Matt 'The Immortal' Brown set to fight Dhiego Lima at UFC event, June 19th

index.php

Dan Hardy sad

Lol hes glad, he probably didnt really want the fight. Matt Browns crazy, even in end of career hes a tough fighter that easily would fuck up Hardy

Brown needs to mix it up with his wrestling if he wants to win, Lima Bros don't have the best TDD.

Brown too faded to implement that gameplan though, Lima by dec

Lmao the UFC weren't interested in dan hardy. And the guy was making out like he's some mega star making his momentous return.

Hardy selling more wolf tickets as usual.

Lol, I never believed that rumor for a second. It all started when fan on twitter just suggested Matt Brown if ever Dan will return. There were no call outs that happened. Dan just rode with it along.

Lima is not great but he is going to whoop on Matt I think.

War Brown!

Btw Lima must have some dirt on Dana....he gets cut (rightfully so) comes back and fights no names to decisions gets rewarded with Belal - rankings wise makes zero since and now a quick turnaround. Decision machine also.
Dana likes TUF guys, and Lima fights cheap.

Also not a bad thing to do if UFC's interested in poaching his brother at some point.

Dan Hardy learning the hard way that people simply just don't give a s*** about his comeback

How about he comes back with the mohawk and fights that kid from cobra kai ?

Feel bad for Matt Brown now, used to be one of my favorite entertaining fighters, just hasn't been the same towards the end.

Lima's TDD looked much-improved against Belal in that last fight. I guess he finally got tired of being a grapple dummy after an entire career of being wrestlefucked at will by his opponents. Bearing that in mind -- and being not at all convinced that Matt can stand and trade with Dhiego with any degree of success at his current age (it was clear he didn't want any of Condit's smoke and his only recent success in the standup is dropping Miguel Baeza before getting promptly murdered in Rd 2) -- I'm actually sort of tempted to favor Lima here. I feel like he might try to come in heavy with the calf kicks and just do everything he can to keep Brown at range and stuff the takedowns. That said, The Immortal's always a live dog and still has a nasty clinch game.

I'm also a bit biased in that the Lima brothers train locally and so I'm sort of a low-key fan when I can be arsed to follow their respective careers.

Back