Matt Riddle Reportedly Threatens Brock Lesnar Backstage at Royal Rumble

That's not completely fair. Brock's best wins were Mir, Herring, and Couture, respectively. He got his ass beat a bunch, and he was gifted some opportunities for obvious reasons. Brock is good, and I would pick him to take Riddle, but speed kills in street fights, and I think Riddle had a 3-4 fight win streak and was just never given a push with the UFC.

"Speed Kills"?

Only if you're driving a car.

Don't know why you used that analogy, man.

And Riddle can be as fast as he wants. But he is NOT going to be stupid enough to get into a Real-Life fight with Brock who, as was stated, "lives the gimmick".

I think what Brock did was appropriate to let Matt know to basically keep his name out of his (Matt's) mouth.

I don't know...Lee's Rumble debut should have been more than 3 minutes...he got to look like he belonged in the ring with Brock more than anyone other than Drew...but it still seems like a waste to me. That guy has star written all over him...he should have been a wrecking ball. It would have been better to save him imho for next year.

D.R.H., I swear I saw "MAIN EVENT" right away when I saw those two face off.

I so want them to have a Program at some point.

It would be absolute MONEY as much I like that Drew is getting his opportunity.

Last edited:
And who exactly did Riddle beat? His 8 wins are against complete nobodies. Riddle would have to shoot while Brock was working the match and even then I'm sure Brock would shoot first cuz he doesnt give a fuck about WWE. If he jumped him backstage Riddle would be blackballed from the business

Also don't forget what happens if one fucks up or goes into business for himself against Brock :

serveimage

I so want them to have Program at some point.

Agree. Total $. That said, it's Drew's time, and it's earned so I'm fine giving him the ball first, let him beat Brock, let Brock feud with someone else, win, and get his heat back, then bring Lee in (title is not needed)

Riddle's run in NXT has been disappointing so far. He might have been better off in NJPW or AEW.

"Speed Kills"?

Only if you're driving a car.

Don't know why you used that analogy, man.

And Riddle can be as fast as he wants. But he is NOT going to be stupid enough to get into a Real-Life fight with Brock who, as was stated, "lives the gimmick".

I think what Brock did was appropriate to let Matt know to basically keep his name out of his (Matt's) mouth.
In street fights speed kills. The punches are full force without gloves and when one guy lands 4-5 pretty quick it does a lot of damage. Huerta beating up that 240 lb likely football player (high school at least) is an example.. And watching literally 75 fights in the 90's taught me that as well. Could Brock end up mangling Riddle? Sure. If he could eat a few and gain dominant position after Riddle was a little tired it could be a mauling. Street fights have a different dynamic. Masvidal likely kicks Brocks ass in bare-knuckle back yard fighting *shrugs*

Also don't forget what happens if one fucks up or goes into business for himself against Brock :

serveimage
Kind of shows you how little Brock likes getting hit, to be honest. That was 99% thigh and not that hard. He still was alright for the receipt, however,

Kind of shows you how little Brock likes getting hit, to be honest. That was 99% thigh and not that hard. He still was alright for the receipt, however,

Now imagine Riddle eating that shot.

We'd be picking his brain matter from the front row. <CanYouSeeMeNow>

Strowman has a Granite Rock for a head which is why all he got was a bit loopy after that Brock-Sledgehammer.

BTW, how do you know that thigh-hit wasn't that hard? Did YOU eat the shot from Strowman?

That is an absolutely absurd take 'cause you don't know how much of an impact that Thigh-hit was.

Stop trying to minimize a MISTAKE(which it was) by Strowman by going Legit when he shouldn't have in a WWE match.

Now imagine Riddle eating that shot.

We'd be picking his brain matter from the front row. <CanYouSeeMeNow>

Strowman has a Granite Rock for a head which is why all he got was a bit loopy after that Brock-Sledgehammer.

BTW, how do you know that thigh-hit wasn't that hard? Did YOU eat the shot from Strowman?

That is an absolutely absurd take 'cause you don't know how much of an impact that Thigh-hit was.
I trained MT and MMA for a couple/few years.. I know about knees. I've also kneed people in street fights. The thigh shots don't hurt bad. I could see how hard it was. 99% of the shit these guys do to each other hurts somewhat lol.

In street fights speed kills. The punches are full force without gloves and when one guy lands 4-5 pretty quick it does a lot of damage. Huerta beating up that 240 lb likely football player (high school at least) is an example.. And watching literally 75 fights in the 90's taught me that as well. Could Brock end up mangling Riddle? Sure. If he could eat a few and gain dominant position after Riddle was a little tired it could be a mauling. Street fights have a different dynamic. Masvidal likely kicks Brocks ass in bare-knuckle back yard fighting *shrugs*

You are reaching Brother. Trained pro-MMA fighter (Huerta) smoking a big dude (bro) with no recorded credentials does not compare to a lighter D2 wrestler, with most of his mid/lower level pro wins by decision (Riddle) vs a D1 2 time All American, and NCAA champ, UFC HWT Champ, and a guy who made the Vikings practice squad based on sheer athletic ability (Brock)

(Even if skills are comparable, which in this case they are not)

Size
Does
Matter

Last edited:
You are reaching Brother. Trained pro-MMA fighter (Huerta) smoking a big dude (bro) with no recorded credentials does not compare to a lighter D2 wrestler, with most of his mid/lower level pro wins by decision (Riddle) vs a D1 2 time All American, and NCAA champ, UFC HWT Champ, and a guy who made the Vikings practice squad based on sheer athletic ability (Brock)

(Even if skills are comparable, which in this case they are not)

Size
Does
Matter
Age, health, and ability to take a punch matter quite a bit in street fights. I'm telling you, the smaller guys that land 4-5 clean shots first do better in street fights against bigger guys than they do in controlled environments.

Brock would be favored, but it's not as clear-cut as you think. A fight can be different than MMA.

I trained MT and MMA for a couple/few years.. I know about knees. I've also kneed people in street fights. The thigh shots don't hurt bad. I could see how hard it was. 99% of the shit these guys do to each other hurts somewhat lol.

Again....stop attempting to minimize the MISTAKE that Strowman did there. <LordRoose>

You say thigh shots TO THE FACE (Jaw Area) don't hurt bad.....But do they HURT?

The way you're saying that is they're akin to getting hit with a pillow or something.

And also you're implying that Brock "hates to be hit".

No fighter likes to be hit unless they're fucking insane like Jeremy Stephens or Perry.

Last edited:
More from this :

PWInsider confirmed the confrontation between Brock and Riddle and also reported NXT wrestlers were instructed not to call out Raw or Smackdown wrestlers going forward

Age, health, and ability to take a punch matter quite a bit in street fights. I'm telling you, the smaller guys that land 4-5 clean shots first do better in street fights against bigger guys than they do in controlled environments.

Brock would be favored, but it's not as clear-cut as you think. A fight can be different than MMA.
I'll give you the quick clean shots, but that's as much because it's a mental hit as much as it is physical. Ex: big dude used to getting his way and really not expecting it suddenly gets struck hard by a smaller guy and the reality sets in.

I get where you're coming from in your argument:
The last time I was involved in a violent altercation, it was against a guy who probably could've knocked me the fuck out quick. Problem was when he was jumping in against my friend choking his boy I hit him several times and forced him away (fearing the KO would come any second). He was an opportunist looking for some easy shots, I attacked head on to protect my boy.

That said, being as how we don't know for a fact how either would react in a street fight situation, I'm taking Brock 99/100, since both are trained fighters, and have been hit before, and Brock has been hit by bigger.

Thank you for keeping this debate respectful.

I so want them to have Program at some point.

These are facts.

More from this :

PWInsider confirmed the confrontation between Brock and Riddle and also reported NXT wrestlers were instructed not to call out Raw or Smackdown wrestlers going forward

I wonder if this applies to say Finn or Shayna...or only the guys lower down the totem pole.

I loved reading this :

“Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in $#!+ because you and I will never work together. Ever.”

The Alpha Male(or BEAST) has spoken. Naturally, Riddle isn't going to shut up about it but at least he knows where he stands.

Yeah, Matt needs to put up or shut up. Brock "aint bout dat life".

I still have a hard time believing that Brock actually knew about anything anyone said on Twitter.

I still have a hard time believing that Brock actually knew about anything anyone said on Twitter.

I think someone ratted out Riddle to Brock.

Maybe Paul Heyman?

He has the "Heyman Hustle" twitter account.

Back