Matt Mitrione Signing NOT Confirmed

Meathead's last fight should have been a no contest. If ever there was a fight where the eye poke directly lead to the outcome of the contest, this was it. Shamefully they didn't stop it after he said he couldn't see.

Mitrione is gone. Botter reported it too. It's not official but Bellator made him a big offer and Ufc won't match for a fringe top 15 hw
Doesn't the UFC have a 2 or 3 month matching period in their standard contract, plus a month or two of exclusive negotiation period? It seams way too quick for Mitrione to have an announcement, even if his intention is to leave the UFC.

Botter was right on Reem, Sterling and Bendo.

If he says Mitrione is going to Bellator he is

Doesn't the UFC have a 2 or 3 month matching period in their standard contract, plus a month or two of exclusive negotiation period? It seams way too quick for Mitrione to have an announcement, even if his intention is to leave the UFC.

Ufc doesn't care to match. Bellator made a big enough offer that the Ufc has no interest.

Ufc can get just as good production, for cheaper and much more upside from guys like Adam Milstead and Cody East.

Did Mitrionne mean to write " I completely DISAGREE, please speak truthfully whomever you are"?

Hes been outspoken about the Reebok deal and how UFC is paying fighters unfairly while giving people like Sage money. I don't think UFC cares much for him to match Bellator's deal

Hes been outspoken about the Reebok deal and how UFC is paying fighters unfairly while giving people like Sage money. I don't think UFC cares much for him to match Bellator's deal

Yea he gone

I don't know about that, Lorenzo offered Mitrione a big pay increase right before his Travis fight. They don't want HWs with any name recognition going to Bellator. I wouldn't be surprised if they match any reasonable offers.

Meh who cares where Mitrione goes and the UFC doesn't need him. He is boring and has not improved his skills. He is a dime a dozen fighter.

He would however be a good addition to Bellator.

Last edited:
stupid-gif_1440414157.gif

Ufc doesn't care to match. Bellator made a big enough offer that the Ufc has no interest.

Ufc can get just as good production, for cheaper and much more upside from guys like Adam Milstead and Cody East.
What I'm saying is that even if he's leaving, why would the UFC let him off the hook for both the exclusive negotiations and the matching period. If they can delay the announcement of him leaving for 2-3 months, they will, and we all know it. The longer a fighter is inactive the less popular they are, and while they might not care to match an offer from Bellator, they sure as shit aren't going to help Bellator by handing over a heavyweight if they can make him just a little more obscure first.

Look at the Bendo timetable. Almost 2 months to the day from his last fight is when they announced his move to Bellator. Even if Mitrione is leaving, I don't think we'll know until mid March.

Back door brian getting a beat down

FRB's post in TS's original post is like a poke to Meathead's eye.

What I'm saying is that even if he's leaving, why would the UFC let him off the hook for both the exclusive negotiations and the matching period. If they can delay the announcement of him leaving for 2-3 months, they will, and we all know it. The longer a fighter is inactive the less popular they are, and while they might not care to match an offer from Bellator, they sure as shit aren't going to help Bellator by handing over a heavyweight if they can make him just a little more obscure first.

Look at the Bendo timetable. Almost 2 months to the day from his last fight is when they announced his move to Bellator. Even if Mitrione is leaving, I don't think we'll know until mid March.

That's true it may not get announced for another month but from everything I've heard it's a lock he's going to Bellator

Back