Matt Brown wants Nick Diaz, we talk to his wife and more (New MMA Roasted Podcast)

so silvas liver kicks couldn't break him, but nicks pitter patter paw shots to the ribs will? lol. nah. diaz is the better fighter, and would more than likely be the favorite. odds are that diaz would win this fight. but body shots wont be the reason why. as good as matt browns gas tank is...nicks is better. as tough as silva was, nick is tougher. as dangerous as silva is on the ground, nick is more dangerous. id love to see this fight, and id be rooting for brown. but just not sure hes ready for nick yet. but theres always hope!

Silva's leg kicks were breaking Brown, problem is Silva was gassing and couldn't keep attacking. But if Diaz gets Brown in trouble, he isn't going to stop the way Silva did. I think Nick's body shots will be the key to Nick winning if this fight happens. He probably won't finish him via body shots, but if he has brown curling up from them, maybe he submits Brown.

no way that fight goes five rounds. one of these guys will break the others pace. not too many people go after nick, so it will be interesting to watch. even when nick fought daley, daley kept at distance and countered more. he dropped nick a couple of times, but nick kept a strong pace that daley couldn't keep.

if this is three rounds, it will be an epic 15 minute fight that i see nick winning by UD. if it's five rounds, i see nick winning by submission in the 4th or 5th.

i think that brown could win if he causes enough damage to open up nick and get a ref stoppage.

i want to see it. just like i want to see brown vs. condit.

Three rnds, Brown could get a finish. And so could Diaz depending on how Brown fights. Five rnds, yes Diaz possible sub, if brown tries to keep pace with Nick and tires. He has been subbed a lot. But all depends on both gameplans.

Stylistically, this is probably the best fight the UFC could make, in any division. Too bad it would be completely irrelevant to the WW title picture. If Brown were to somehow win and get a title shot, imagine the amount of bitching we all would be forced to endure...

Make it happen, Dana. I didn't know he was there when Dimebag got shot. That was a sad night.

Last edited:
Diaz would destroy him. Would put money on it sig bet account bet anything

You don't want this, Matt. Unless he does something to harden that glass body. Otherwise Nick will probably feast on it.

If Silva had half decent cardio he would have stopped Brown. I think Nick would do just that.

I see lots of left hooks to the liver from Diaz.....I think if Silva could have just stuck to the body AFTER he hurt Brown it would have been over.

Brown should not call out someone who is not relevant anymore.

Lol I respect him for wanting the fight... But if it happens he would regret even talking about it. He needs to fight who ever the UFC sets up for him. I mean silva good I don't think he was even in the top 10 though. And Diaz is on another level. Would be a bad fight for the immortal one.

My inner fan boy of both would hate to see a loser but this would likely be top 5 greatest fight ever. Much like Condit Diaz was supposed to be.. ahem

Its hard to ignore the way Brown was hurt from the body shots in both the Mein and Silva fights..Nick has a solid enough chin to get through an early tornado from Brown.A 1st round finish is likely by Diaz.

Yeah I like Brown but he doesn't take body shots well, not a good thing facing Diaz.

Im a big nick fan but this is really the only fight I see him winning that could get him a title shot. That being said he might actually (that is his management might actually) be willing to consider.

Would be a good fight for Diaz -- one he could realistically win, since at this point I think much of the Top 5 WWs would beat him. More importantly, it would be a very exciting fight I would be interested in seeing.

Good thing for Brown that Diaz doesn't deserve this fight cause he would take it.

hadn't heard that brown was actually asking for diaz, this is good stuff. hope this keeps gaining momentum.

Back