Matt Brown vs Hector Lombard

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC Fight Night 60
February 14, 2015

Main event : Matt brown has no opponent. Hope the UFC wont repeat the episodes "Mousasi vs Latifi" and "Cormier vs Cummmings"....Who is the best replacement for Tarec?

IMO, they should try to make Brown - Lombard. Lombard should take Cerrone's example.

Well if this fight were to happen, I don't think Lombard would clearly win the way I did about two weeks ago. In part because if Lombard couldn't put Burkman down with his wild shots he ain't putting Matt Brown down. And if he doesn't put Matt down it increases the chances heavily that he gets winded during the fights allowing Matt to get a finish or easy UD win.

brown would get hurt in that fight.

you gotta love his warrior style but he is taking way too much punishment these days. unfortunately he may become one of these guys who show the effects later on in life.

Lombard would make it a boring fight....but some how Brown takes it then denied a post fight interview

brown would get hurt in that fight.

you gotta love his warrior style but he is taking way too much punishment these days. unfortunately he may become one of these guys who show the effects later on in life.

Time to send him to Rogan?

It was recently reported that Rory MacDonald vs. Hector Lombard is being targeted for UFC 186, so now we've got 2 options.

OPTION #1: We find some guy on the regional circuit who will take any opportunity he can to get into the UFC, a Latifi scenario, and we watch Brown (likely) kick the shit out of him.

OPTION #2: This is my personal favorite, we pull an already established UFC fighter from an upcoming fight to take on Brown for the main event.
a) Brandon Thatch or Stephen Thompson @ UFC Broomfield
b) Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck @ UFC 186

You've got guys like Magny fighting on that card, and I'd prefer him over a newcomer, but preferably I'd like one of the 4 guys listed.

hi-res-ea3a2b0073a82bc0f99be64ec4d6997e_crop_north.jpg

If it were up to me, I'd choose Josh Koscheck for multiple reasons.

1) He's fought 5 rounds before when he fought Georges St-Pierre for the title.
2) His title fight against GSP & winning the Ultimate Fighter and coaching TUF alongside GSP have established him as a name that people recognize and will tune in for.
3) He's on the decline off his career, and it's sad to say this, but he's expendable.
4) Thatch and Thompson getting thrown to the wolves this soon is probably not the best idea. Ellenberger hasn't looked good as of late, but he's probably got more in the tank than Koscheck.
5) Despite likely being the underdog, stylistically, it's not too hard to picture Koscheck winning this. He's still a great wrestler and hits hard, he could try and grind away a win. It wouldn't be pretty, but it could work.

Matt Brown for the upset tko. Lombard is a beast but has stamina issues.

Are you guys serious? Lombard might look ripped but Matt Brown pressures him and T/KOs him. I must be crazy but i actually think Matt Brown makes Lombard look bad.

Are you guys serious? Lombard might look ripped but Matt Brown pressures him and T/KOs him. I must be crazy but i actually think Matt Brown makes Lombard look bad.

Brown has great durability. He can take a lot of punishment and keep going. I think Hector would thrash him for a round or so, but when he can't finish him, Matt's pressure and relentlessness breaks him.

Brown has great durability. He can take a lot of punishment and keep going. I think Hector would thrash him for a round or so, but when he can't finish him, Matt's pressure and relentlessness breaks him.

I'm glad im not the only one. I can totally see it going that way.

Brown's striking is on a completely different level. His angles and diversity puts Lombard to shame. My only concern for Brown against Lombard is that he over-pressures and looks to do one of his sneaky trips because I really dont see that working for him against Lombard. I know its MMATH but, despite the loss, the way he hung in with Lawler (who I think would absolutely destroy Lombard) really increases my confidence in him against Showlightning.

Last edited:
I'm glad im not the only one. I can totally see it going that way.

Brown's striking is on a completely different level. His angles and diversity puts Lombard to shame. My only concern for Brown against Lombard is that he over-pressures and looks to do one of his sneaky trips because I really dont see that working for him against Lombard. I know its MMATH but, despite the loss, the way he hung in with Lawler (who I think would absolutely destroy Lombard) really increases my confidence in him against Showlightning.

Yeah, he just never quits. Against Erick Silva, he took all kinds of punishment, and just went through it, and broke him. Guy has vicious striking and a lot of will & heart.

Yeah, he just never quits. Against Erick Silva, he took all kinds of punishment, and just went through it, and broke him. Guy has vicious striking and a lot of will & heart.

Yeah, just vicious technical striking and heart/durability like you said. I think if he doesn't over-pressure in the 1st and get caught or tossed and subbed, he's got it. Lombard isn't an easy night for anybody but I'd happily put money on Brown.

Yeah, just vicious technical striking and heart/durability like you said. I think if he doesn't over-pressure in the 1st and get caught or tossed and subbed, he's got it. Lombard isn't an easy night for anybody but I'd happily put money on Brown.

Yep me too. He weathers the early storm, and he takes it as the fight goes on.

His pressure got stopped right in it's tracks when he tried that shit with Lawler and got hit. Brown would be the one getting pressured. he'd have short bursts of attacks but he wouldn't be walking down Lombard eating his punches as if he's Jake Shields.

\

Lombard's striking looked awful against Josh fuckin' Burkman. Matt Brown by destruction.

His pressure got stopped right in it's tracks when he tried that shit with Lawler and got hit. Brown would be the one getting pressured. he'd have short bursts of attacks but he wouldn't be walking down Lombard eating his punches as if he's Jake Shields.

\

But ... I think Lawler destroys Lombard. Round 2 full on KO. Lombard is not Lawler and Brown didnt exactly lay an egg against Lawler. That was a sweet fight.

Could do Brown/stun Gun, move Thatch up to fight Brown, could do Brown/Story.

They have a few options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back