Matt Brown vs Condit

Give him a few months with Henri Hooft or Parillo and he should be ready to make a run at the HW title.

My favorite Sherdog quote ever (I wish I'd saved or bookmarked it) was "Shogun has been training with Overeem. Jones won't be a problem for him"

Great fight.
Condit looked sharper on the feet last fight.
but had an easier opponent.
Brown was a bit stiff, but still throws bombs with bad intentions.
ONLY based on last fight, I give the edge to Condit.
Such an equal and good matchup.

Last edited:
I hope no one gets seriously hurt and they both retire

I wouldn't bet on this fight. I'm not buying that Condit has had some kind of resurgence after beating Court Mcgee. Brown has been looking chinny, but he's also been winning a helluva lot more lately than Condit. Condit himself still seems to have an iron chin so I'd give him the slight advantage. Condit TKO rd2.

This is Condit's last fight on his current contract.

I think Condit has the ability to take the better shots right now. I think he gets the W.

This should probably be a double-retirement fight, and a fun one for both guys to go out on. But it won't be. I reckon Condit wins a close decision, Brown then retires but Carlos doesn't.

My heart says yes but my mind says no. Love the fight but dont really want to see either of these guys take anymore damage. Big fan of both these guys careers but they have left enough of their brain matter in the octagon imo.

I could see Matt landing a big shot, wrestkefucking Condit, Condit by decision fighting luke he did vs Diaz or Condit with a body kick.
Just for the record, what are you picking exactly?

Man I hope Carlos wins. Last fight on his contract and it's obvious he'll get cut if he loses this one. Hope he takes this by a violent finish and set him up vs Nick Diaz for his return fight. That may be a long overdue match, but would still be highly entertaining to see.

Man I hope Carlos wins. Last fight on his contract and it's obvious he'll get cut if he loses this one. Hope he takes this by a violent finish and set him up vs Nick Diaz for his return fight. That may be a long overdue match, but would still be highly entertaining to see.
hah! i was just going to post that i hope brown knocks condit the fuck out like he did to diego!! <45><45><45>

Reactions: Gio
I thought brown and McGee had retired. Haven’t watched a condit fight in a while but he looked soso since the gsp fight.

Fights like this depress me....Condit is one of my favorite fighters ever, but that Lawler fight seemed like his last big go into the fray.

Planning on putting a few bucks on Brown.

If this was a few years ago, I'd say there's no way Condit loses.

Back