Matt Brown Underdog in Most Fights?

DrStrong

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Like the last fight, and the Condit fight that didn't happen, was he always the underdog? Especially in the past 5-6 fights where he's really been climbing up the ranks and doing some serious damage.

This has to be one of the few cases where the literal underdog comes out on top time and time again. Obviously he will come in as the underdog against Lawler, but I'm pulling for Brown with the upset.

He was a slight favorite against Pyle.

because he sucked (comparatively) before he started training wrestling at OSU

he would just get taken down and subbed all the time. he was 11-10 with 3 sub losses in a row, not even making it out of the second round

hes like if maia suddenly started having unbeatable striking, people would still pick him to get outstruck all the time

He was an underdog at the bookies. BUT
On sherdog he was the favorite and if you don't count the brazilian sherdoggers, he was the heavy favorite.

only idiots thought he was an underdog against Silva

he may have been a betting underdog but that fight was no upset

I notice that after hitting him real hard he tends to come alive. Whoever faces him should get the job done or Zombie Matt comes alive. :icon_chee

Tj desantis said on beatdown that he has never picked matt brown to win. I think thats kind of how we all feel yet he keeps winning. He could be ww champ and would still be the dog

I honestly don't know why he was the betting underdog against Erick Silva.

have no idea why he's always the underdog dud comes out and kicks ass everytime

because he sucked (comparatively) before he started training wrestling at OSU

he would just get taken down and subbed all the time. he was 11-10 with 3 sub losses in a row, not even making it out of the second round

hes like if maia suddenly started having unbeatable striking, people would still pick him to get outstruck all the time

He lost by sub a lot but from memory it wasn't often a case of him being outwrestled then submitted. He just has a very aggressive BJJ game which left a lot of openings for his opponents. I believe that's what happened against both Foster and Baczynski. I think Almeida is the only guy I can remember who just took him down and dominated from top position.

It is beyond sad how little respect Matt Brown gets.

I gave my opinion which was simply that either guy could win and all the Matt Brown haters jump down my throat.

Stylistically, this fight is good for both guys because no one will be getting laid on. If you think Matt Brown has no chance your just retarded.

Look at the upset that just happened over the weekend. Never count people out. Oh wait, but you nerds will say you knew all along TJ would win. Cough cough BS

Back