Matt Brown: UFC should ban Anderson Silva for Life...fine full purse Amounts!!!!

I love Matt inside the octagon but sometimes when he talks it sounds like the heroin addicted he once was.

Only fair if permanent bans are a known punishment before the perpetrator gets caught, not after.

wasn't him a drug addict ?

Brown isn't saying Silva is a bad person because he used drugs. He is saying it because he used performance-enhancing drugs to cheat in combat sports and still got paid half a million almost even after being caught. It is a pretty significant difference. And Brown probably would be the first to tell you he was a scumbag when addicted to heroin. Not sure where you are going with this but Brown isn't a hypocrite for pointing this out. A kO artist that may have been taking PEDs the whole time gets caught and gets to keep almost half a million? That's fucked up imo.

Only fair if permanent bans are a known punishment before the perpetrator gets caught, not after.

I agree with this

But I think in these cases the UFC or commission or whoever should pay the camp of the suspended fighter for their pre-fight work and the rest of the money gets suspended. You should not make any profit for a fight you were on steroids for imo.

I agree with this

But I think in these cases the UFC or commission or whoever should pay the camp of the suspended fighter for their pre-fight work and the rest of the money gets suspended. You should not make any profit for a fight you were on steroids for imo.

I agree, but all punishments must be known before a fight, not after.

If they say lifetime ban, full purse fine or both starting Nov 1st - then all fighters will know about the punishment and will have time to adjust.

I agree, but all punishments must be known before a fight, not after.

If they say lifetime ban, full purse fine or both starting Nov 1st - then all fighters will know about the punishment and will have time to adjust.

I agree, you can't retroactive new punishments. I still think it is bullshit, particularly since the fight sucked and he didn't engage, but he basically got lucky on the timing. But yeah, if people could make rules retroactive they could tell someone on any violation "oh your 30 days suspension is now a lifetime ban, we changed the rule a week after you got caught and made it retroactive. We may change it back after we let it go!"

I agree, you can't retroactive new punishments. I still think it is bullshit, particularly since the fight sucked and he didn't engage, but he basically got lucky on the timing. But yeah, if people could make rules retroactive they could tell someone on any violation "oh your 30 days suspension is now a lifetime ban, we changed the rule a week after you got caught and made it retroactive. We may change it back after we let it go!"

Yep, i am all for stiffer punishment but not delivered in an ad-hoc manner.

Maybe he's right. Lifetime bans would stop people from using. Might be more effective than better testing.

Alright, I bet a lot of fighters would just fight elsewhere, and Anderson is a draw, you can't ban him from MMA forever, you can only ban him from one org.

If he passes tests elsewhere and fights elsewhere that's bad for the UFC. Same goes for anyone.

UFC holds an 8 or 10 fight contract on him, so he will NEVER fight for another promotion.

He will NEVER be the draw that he once was. His whole legacy is now in question. The very first time he was tested 'out of competition' with Enhanced Testing, he got busted.

He could have been doping his whole career.

If matt's clean then I have to admit ,it would be kind of exciting to watch an enhanced version of him.

We needed random testing and longer suspensions and we got both. Anderson is lucky is got in before the new rules were instated.

I predict a lot more failures and severe punishment in the coming months.

Back