Matt Brown shows you how to use Muay Thai to the fullest.

marksmen

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He may not be the most technical but he uses muay thai the way it should be used. Clinch, knees, elbows, punches and kicks. He mixes it up so well and doesn't let you breathe. If he had the technique of an Anderson Silva he would be an even scarier opponent. Matt Brown is a finisher and straight up warrior. Last night was one of the best fights I have EVER seen. Weathered the storm that is Erick Silva and put a beating on the kid. What a performance. Thoughts??

Matt brown is a monster. his MT was on point but i think what separates matt brown from other fighters is his pure toughness.

That's like saying boxing is just punching. The fact that Brown hit Silva with a shitload of elbows and knees last night doesn't mean his actual clinch-work had anything to do with legitimate Thai clinch-work. What Thais do is a little more advanced than what we see in mma to say the least.

I do like how he mixes everything up. A nice blend of punches, elbows, knees, and kicks all from various ranges. That plus his constant momentum make him a very fun fighter to watch.

let that man keep buzz sawing people

I don't watch a boatload of Muay Thai, but I've never seen a guy swarm with punches in Muay Thai before, ever.

I wouldn't say he shows full MT... but full MMA.

Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying and totally agree.

Jack Slack had a great article about Matt Brown and the way he put it is that Brown is one of the best fighters at making the most of opportunities and being super creative while in the midst of the chaos of a fight. His mind is open to all the MMA possibilities even when shit gets hectic... ESPECIALLY when shit gets hectic.

Perfect example is in the second round of the Silva fight when they're on the ground. Brown is going for a head n arm choke in side control. He goes for the transition to mount, but does so by raising his knee high in the air and delivers a brutal knee to Silva's midsection in the transition to mount. Genius.

He's so goddamn violent and has (along with Jones) the best ability to thrive in chaos and see openings other fighters don't.

WAR Matt Muthafuckin' Brown.

That's like saying boxing is just punching. The fact that Brown hit Silva with a shitload of elbows and knees last night doesn't mean his actual clinch-work had anything to do with legitimate Thai clinch-work. What Thais do is a little more advanced than what we see in mma to say the least.

He used many knees/elbows in the clinch that were reminiscent of MT clinch-work and also implemented some great MT sweeps/dumps. Try again

Your point?

Gonna give that one to his boxing training, if you don't mind. He's got an AWESOME clinch with elbows and knees, that's the epitome of a damned decent Muay Thai training, but he spams four-five punch combos and rarely kicks, that isn't Muay Thai at all.

Back