Matt Brown says first time offenders should get lifetime bans for drug test failures

If it's steroids, it's not a bad idea.

But not people getting popped for things that could legit be accidental.

Lifetime bans are ridiculous for a first offense and would never be supported. 2 years is more than firm for a first offense because the WADA standards are for Olympic athletes. A guy who fights 2-3 times a year will miss 4-6 paydays they can't get back.

A 2 year ban for first offense would never have been ratified or supported by a fighter's union. Lifetime ban is a pipedream.
Brown didn't say they aren't harsh though, he said they would solve the problem which they would, which is why they could find support for that, especially from a mainstream audience. This is what he was saying.

None of the other stuff you guys have been saying are arguments against any of it, just apologism for steroids which is the next big contrarian opinion I guess, simply because the sport is riddled with them. But these aren't legitimate arguments, what a legitimate argument is, is for an instance that the sport should be clean and that that's a good thing.

I don't get where you're coming from, but it's completely on it's head from a moral standpoint. He's talking about the sport not the fighters, his arguments make perfect sense. Whether it'll happen, maybe not but it's a perfectly valid stance, again if you don't like the guy just say it.

Agreed. Cheaters should be banned completely otherwise there is always incentive to juice. Lifetime ban means no one will risk it.
this has literally never been true in anything ever

Well.... Matt Brown says some stupid shit. People will always test the waters no matter the consequences. Lifetime bans won't stop shit.

this has literally never been true in anything ever
Lol man what? Exactly right. Gas chamber or threat of hanging hasn't stopped people from killing. Those are far more serious than being booted from a sport.

Exactly this. Like I said should someone with a clean record and no priors be sentenced to life in prison for their first offense? Lol yeah right gtfo with that noise.

Huh so you're saying we shouldn't judge someone on their first offense...

Yet you start of this thread bashing Matt Brown for being a "druggie" and so we don't need to listen to him. When the last time he did drugs was over a decade ago.

Practice what you preach douche bag. Could have given your opinion without bashing a guy with addiction problems.

Well.... Matt Brown says some stupid shit. People will always test the waters no matter the consequences. Lifetime bans won't stop shit.
If fear of being put to death won't stop a killer, then a lifetime ban isn't gonna scare fighter x away from putting a needle in his ass. Best believe that.

Agreed. Cheaters should be banned completely otherwise there is always incentive to juice. Lifetime ban means no one will risk it.
It's certainly worked with other things, like... uh... With enough incentive, like winning money and being famous, people will risk a hell of a lot more than you think. Some people need a lot less incentive than others.

Huh so you're saying we shouldn't judge someone on their first offense...

Yet you start of this thread bashing Matt Brown for being a "druggie" and so we don't need to listen to him. When the last time he did drugs was over a decade ago.

Practice what you preach douche bag. Could have given your opinion without bashing a guy with addiction problems.
No, I am saying not a lifetime ban for first offense numb nuts. Where did I say I didn't care about first offense? It wasn't his first offense dickweed. He failed multiple drug tests and violated probation. Why the fuck do I care what he has to say about it?

brown also said female fighters should fight topless the man is clearly an idiot

No, I am saying not a lifetime ban for first offense numb nuts. Where did I say I didn't care about first offense? It wasn't his first offense dickweed. He failed multiple drug tests and violated probation. Why the fuck do I care what he has to say about it?

He should have been locked up and had the key thrown away. The drugs he was doing are worse than roids and cause more damage to society.

I don't blame any fighter for this stance. If you're clean it must really, really suck to have guys beating you up physically and taking money from you and your family by cheating.

He should have been locked up and had the key thrown away. The drugs he was doing are worse than roids and cause more damage to society.
Yeah maybe they should have given him life in prison lol.

Yes, and we know some states will throw you in jail over a joint. So anybody who smokes a joint is an idiot cuz it's illegal. Do you people just blindly follow authority?
That's the dumbest response I've ever recieved to a simple point.

As an athlete that has potentially millions of dollars on the line, to not know what you're taking when there is a database of approved supplements is just retarded. Smoking a joint isn't even a comparable response.

That's the dumbest response I've ever recieved to a simple point.

As an athlete that has potentially millions of dollars on the line, to not know what you're taking when there is a database of approved supplements is just retarded. Smoking a joint isn't even a comparable response.

You just called names and said "you're wrong". You're not an intelligent person in the least. You completely missed the point and offered no rebuttal.

Because they have so much on the line, couldn't that MAKE them actually cheat? To compete? To stay on top? Man you are incapable of seeing two sides of an issue. Your logic has been destroyed in this thread. Acting like I am the dumb one is as dumb as the argument you are making. Just stop.

Back