Matt brown needs to work on his post fight speeches.

Herecomesdaboom

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Man that was cringeworthy, had to actually change the channel. That was worse than Tito.

Anyone have gif of him not knowing what to do with his hands after he won too?

Great fight tho.

He's always been like that, but whatever he can put on a fight.

Yeah, he's not very well spoken, almost pisses you off just waiting for him to start talking. It's like he's watching TV himself. Mark Hunt is just as bad though.

Yeah, he's not very well spoken, almost pisses you off just waiting for him to start talking. It's like he's watching TV himself. Mark Hunt is just as bad though.

Hunt is way better because of the comedic value with his one word answers to long drawn out questions lol

Maybe Brown hasn't had much practice because they skipped over him for post fight interviews after all his Fox wins.....But seriously these guys are fighters not public speakers

This isn't wrestling, he doesn't need to worry about his "mic skills" lol. Just bring the fight and that's all I care about.

The guy has a great voice/accent though.

Yeah if I was American I'd want to sound like him, as weird as it sounds.

Travis Browne is the king of worst post-fight speeches though "the only difference between you and me..." Jesus that was goat bad.

He's fairly well spoken otherwise. I think he just doesn't like being on the spot like that. especially with his adrenaline jacked through the roof from being in a fight 5 minutes prior to an interview.

Yes, let's train him to offer up the same cookie-cutter platitudes and/or trash talk that everyone else engages in. :rolleyes: Personalities, even boring or awkward ones, are what make the athletes stand out and create fans.

NASCAR, another sport that was on a major upswing several years back, started declining when all of the drivers became so sponsor-driven, vanilla, and PC. They've tried to bring it back in the last couple years, but now it seems contrived.

Let the fighters be who they are. We the fans will respect that more than forced trash-talk or the nice-guy act.

A great fighter to watch but I agree ts very awkward interview, I remember him being skipped over for an interview on one of his fights on fox, I wonder if that's why?

he does better in other interviews, i think he just gets so hyped up on adrenaline and emotion in the middle of battle that its hard to switch back to a normal person

its actually really hard to do interviews well, im surprised more fighters dont make asses of themselves

Well they didn't give Lombard an interview after spanking Jake Shields, a much more accomplished and highly rated opponent than Erik, so I guess I wouldn't be shocked if they skipped his interviews.

Gnawing on chewing gum the whole time haha

He has his own style going on, I like that. Not everyone needs to act the same.

Back