Matt Brown More Heart Than Skills

magnitude

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Matt just showed that he can beat anybody by just taking a punch and giving 5. Unbelievable fight. dude comes to fight.
I dont think he can beat a skilled killer like lawler, but he is sure a great example of what a fighter should be. The guy just never gives up. ton of respect and i hope he gets the number 2 soon.

i think he can beat hector easy. he wont get passed lawler or woodley. i wish he would. but when those guys hurt you, they dont give you a chance to recover. i would love for him to fight and beat hendricks. but it would take a miracle. he has too many holes in his striking.
For example imagine a fight against tarec Saffiedine. He would of gotten 10 body kicks from saffiedine after the first kick silva landed on brown.

Last edited:
He tends to get hurt but fortunately, he comes back with a revenge.
His offensive package is pretty good: knees, elbows, kicks, fists.

He is a piece of work. However, I think that Hector will trip him easily though.
It will be interesting as Brown is fairly active on the ground.

He makes you test yourself. He takes your best and waits for you to break yourself. When your just going ape shit to finish him and you can't, that adrenaline dumps hits you, you get depleted.

Then once you are facing that, he just stays on you with a relentless attack.

that was some clean striking Brown was landing id say he has some skill

He's actually quite skilled. He has nice combos and his offensive BJJ is good. He's not too sloppy. He throws hooks and kicks that force the opponent to stop circling away. His clinch is very good. Technically brawler is a great way to describe his styl.

He's plenty skilled. More like more Heart than athleticism.

if you dont think brown is a skilled striker you really need to piss off, he's not sittin there throwing left and right hooks, he's comitting hape.

Back