Matt Brown: Jon Jones would win the Heavyweight title

50/60 agains't werdum
40/70 agains't JDS
60/50 agains't Cain (I think he shut down Cain the same way he did with DC by size, reach and tdd.)
50/50 agains't stipe
50/50 agains't pitbull
everyone else should be a easy win for jones

50/60? 40/70?

The fuck kind of math are you using here?

I think Jones could ....Tough up there with the big boys though

If Jon doesn't party too much then yeah he would.

werdum is the only one he wouldnt steamroll
but he still wins

No.

HW is a different animal.

Jones himself doesn't believe he would do it, if he did he would be trying to.

Who the hell wants to cut weight?

Who wants to be known as the champ of a lighter division if he could be HEAVYWEIGHT champ?

Jones is at 205 because he knows where his advantages are and what's best for him.

is that the glover fight?

i guess we have different ideas of what steamrolled means

Yeah because winning every round and destroying a striker on the feet is a struggle. I think he smacked glovers mouthpiece out like 5 times and bullied him against the cage. Just because he didn't finish him didn't mean it wasn't a domination.

He could do, but he would have to avoid Rosholt and JDS. the others he might beat.

Werdum would beat DC a lot worse than Jones did.

I also think Cain beats Jones. And I definitely take JDS over Jones.

On Werdum - he says he trained with DC in 2010 and took him down three times. Obviously DC was a newb, but taking DC down in training means a lot - it isn't as if DC has improved his wrestling. Also, Werdum has improved his wrestling a LOT since then.

So just because Jones took Cormier down, compared to Werdum that isn't necessarily more impressive.

And obviously taking Werdum down poses tons of problems.

I think without Jones' TD threat, Werdum has the size and length to stand with Jones.

Not saying Werdum is a lock. But I'd make him the favorite.

I'd take Overeem and his 6-5", 80+" reach over Jones as well. Reem's weakness is one shot power, not something Jones possesses, and he has great TDD. And his clinch is deadly, an area where Jones is most dominant. This pick will probably be more controversial than my taking Werdum/Cain/JDS over Jones.

If Vitor Belfort can almost armbar Jones, then Werdum can certainly get the job done.

Brown belongs on Sherdog if he uses phrases like, "no one has a chance."

Back