Matt Brown is still overhyped and hasn't proved himself

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by WildF, May 11, 2014.

1. WildF

WildF Purple Belt

Matt Brown believes his own hype saying "he is the best ww in the world". The guy has not beaten a top 10 WW and its not his fault because the matchmaking has not been there. He was almost finished last night and fought a gassed Silva. I cannot see him beating any top 10 WW (maybe Maia who is hot and cold) Gastelum who is not top 10 will whoope him and everyone else in the top 10. Bump this thread when he beats a top 10 WW and I promise I will leave sherdog in a spectacular fashion. He hasnt fought an elite WW and everyone is on his nuts.. The guy reminds me of Forrest Griffin except he will never be champ and he will never beat the top of the division.. Feel free to argue my opinion

2. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

I'm not going to argue with you. The guy is tough but he has a long way to go before he gets a shot and I think the other 9 guys in the top ten torch him.

3. MMAfansince99

MMAfansince99 Blue Belt

And this thread is different how from the ones already posted with the same subject?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but god, please search before you post a new thread.

4. Velkar182

Velkar182 Brown Belt

Brown is washed up and he beat a young gun that didn't take him seriously.

5. Joe_Armstrong

Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

Maybe, but I like to watch him fight.

6. Jamoke

Jamoke Banned Banned

After Rory beat Mike Pyle: This kid is the future GOAT of humanity!

After Brown beat Pyle: Brown still hasn't proved himself.

7. CouchPro**

CouchPro** Blue Belt

He looks undersized. Guessing because he's taller without the muscular build some of them have. I'd still want to see him v Condit. Stylistically don't see him lasting against the power punchers.

Impressive run thus far, but he needs 1 more before belt.

8. WildF

WildF Purple Belt

I just feel like he is being shoved down our throats because he is durable and has a descent winning streak going.. I'm one of those people who root for the underdogs making runs in their divisions but when a fighters starts to say shit like he is the best and start talking shit without having the tools to beat the best, he has to get checked. Brown has not fought the competition that will really test this new "rejuvination" "career comeback" that is being thrown around. He is mid-tier

9. Gorkle

Gorkle Purple Belt

What's he meant to say? "I'm actually a bit shit, I wouldn't put me against anyone good"?

If you can't even believe yourself you're the best, how on earth are you meant to succeed against the best?

10. Mpower

Mpower Red Belt

In what fashion is he shoved down your throat? He wins fights in exciting fashion and the UFC televises it. Hes in the back of the line for a WW title shot behind a handful of other good WW fighters that the UFC also televises.

Im missing the dilemma here...

11. Bagatur

Bagatur Red Belt

what young gun? Silva will be 30 next month. if anybody is washed up, it is Silva :icon_chee

12. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

Rankings don't matter

13. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I have Matt Brown at #5 WW, behind Hendricks, Lawler, Lombard, and Mr. T.

14. Jesse aM

Jesse aM Green Belt

You can't say he's mid tier when hasn't had the chance to prove himself against a top 10. I'd love to see him vs Rory.

15. RockyLockridge

RockyLockridge Red Belt

Same with Glover when he beat Bader, but he got a title shot.

16. realfights16

realfights16 White Belt

17. sangreporsangre

sangreporsangre Gold Belt

How the hell is he being "shoved down our throats"?? Should Zuffa not televise his fights? They give him an opponent, he shows up in the cage and beats the shit out of them. What's not to like about the guy? He hasn't beaten a top opponent in his win streak, and I don't think he would beat any of the top WW's, but so what? He comes to fight every time and he is having some great success. And he's not the matchmaker. So what if he talks like he's the GOAT, it's obvious that the way to have a lucrative career at this is by talking shit, he's taking a page out of Chael or Connor's books. And he's done a hell of a lot more than Connor to be talking like he has.

18. emax

emax Black Belt

There is a desire to watch guys who are "hyped" so to speak, fail in visually impressive fashion. The schadenfreude is one of the most grating things about the MMA community. The fans have wanted to see Matt Brown fail and are lashing out their anger at the fact that not only has he not failed but showed huge improvements in his fight ability since 2011. No doubt Robbie Lawler also has fans who are anticipating his eventual fall so they can crow about how he was just an overhyped new prospect as well.

19. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Love the guy but he gets beat by the top 5, Hendricks, Woodley, Rory, Condit, Lawler.

But Brown vs Lawler would be fucking amazing

20. Maximum007

Maximum007 1000 Pound Belt

Dude, this...is a beautiful post.