Matt Brown - I guarantee you I will Knock out Johny Hendricks"

Sorry, it's not debatable no matter how hard you try and convince yourself otherwise.

You do understand there is video of this fight everyone can see, right?

In the 5th Hendricks took it to Lawler on the feet around the middle of the fight as far as I remember, when Robbie looked gassed/hurt? still dont know.

And, that's where you should have stopped. Yes, you still don't know.

rewatch the round. Johnny was getting beat up, landed a straight left that knocked Lawler off balance when he was throwing a combo. He got his TD, and finished the round laying on him. Besides that, he was losing the entire round.

Anyways, my statement that Hendricks won the stand up in parts of the fight still stands. .

Yes we've been over this. His only success came in round 2.

Nick doesent deserve shit espcilly a top 10 fight sadly I do think he would beet both brown and Hendrick. As for brown he would only have a shot if he could push the pace and with his mediocre TDD at best I see it being a easey but boring fight for Hendrik with pulling a gsp classic laying on brown for the win if Hendricks tries to bang with brown he will loses if he wrestles he wins by ud

I agree brown will not win but not because Lawler lost u act as if Lawler is better than brown which he is not brown is a much more well rounded than Lawler imho.

I agree with most of what u said except Hendricks will not out strike brown he will try but he will get countered left and right on his feet he is a tank with s huge bombs but he is very liener with hid sticking I do agree with the fact he will put brown down and attempt to gnp brown but brown will ride it out on his back andloose a ud as for Jonny beating nick I do agree he has a chance of using his wrestling to ride over nick but that is his only hope don't get me wrong I hate nick but he has more ways he can finish Hendricks than Jonny has to finish him

You know u are right I guess I do underage his sticking. But styles make flights with gsp host sticking was never that good it was his abilitie to transcend fro a strike to a takedow or vise versa out of noware that made him so feared also great cardio probily the best we have seen yet his best standing strike was a jab kept people off balance then took them down hardly a top luv striker great champ yes. Now let's look at Robby a very different match up but let's face it Robby is only good with his hands and not great he has OK but a very sloppy boxing style he hits extrimly hard but he has wide looping hooks a very lazy jab on a seldom used but good cross but he does have a great IQ in which tecniqe to use at which time but robbly fights square and moves forward stylesake fights he was Taylor made for a guy like Jonny and I am a Lawler fan I was supprised and proud of Robby for how good he looked agents Hendrick's. Now Brown as I said I think has a chance if it stays standing and only if it stays standing. Here is way Hendricks likes to strike but moves foreword with hard and fast but very sloppy punches matt moves great inall directions on his feet which will allow him to counter Hendricks aggressive style well he also has a tight guard hands up elbows in chin tucked so when Hendrick does land he won't go out as brown has a good chin he also has the ability to push the pace standing he has much better sticking IQ than Hendrick he will not just throw more strikes he will throw more intaligent strikes with a smother striking style than Hendricks is used to . But as I said in Hendricks is smart and I think he is he will realize brown cannot with. From his back and that is were Hendricks will make him fight

Sorry, it's not debatable no matter how hard you try and convince yourself otherwise.

You do understand there is video of this fight everyone can see, right?

And, that's where you should have stopped. Yes, you still don't know.

rewatch the round. Johnny was getting beat up, landed a straight left that knocked Lawler off balance when he was throwing a combo. He got his TD, and finished the round laying on him. Besides that, he was losing the entire round.

Yes we've been over this. His only success came in round 2.

I actually just did. Not because I think my judgment is better than yours or because I feel the need to be "right" in this case. Just because I wanted to be sure that my facts are straight, something you should have done as well.

Just as I remebered, Lawler stuffs a few of Hendricks TDs, he lands copule of good combinations on Johnny in the middle of the round, more precisely around 2:10 left. At 2:00 - 1:58 left Johnny starts landing consistently on Lawler and the TD comes at 1:03 left. So yeah, we can def conclude Johnny outstruck Lawler for about a whole good minute in the 5th.

So, yeah, I do realize there is a video of the fight, I double checked what I said and so should you, cause now, that there is a video of it, I feel annoyed that I took the time to write the action down to you play by play, because you're just about cocky enough to not check your own statements. Hope it was a honest mistake

#delusional

e. silva is not that good and brown had trouble with a gassed silva. big rig would ragdoll him or possibly just ko him..maybe even with a bodyshot.

I hope so.... I can't stand this hillbilly cry baby

Hendricks at 70% with bad wraps still beats Brown.

I'm a huge fan, I'd love to see him get his shot, love to see him win. Hendricks is a tough match-up for him though. Brown is so aggressive he leaves himself open to counters and Hendricks has that one punch power.

Either way though it would be a great fight, one I'd pay to see

Also Brown vs Diaz would be one for the ages... fight of the year written all over it!

And Fox Sports is really overusing the adjectives, a 7 fight win streak against no top 10 guys is hardly incredible. Noteworthy yeah but incredible? Cmon, sons.

Yeah but he's been in the UFC the whole time and is getting a nice fanbase going. Besides, 7 fight win streaks are precious and rare. I'd like him to get his shot at the title rather than getting knocked off before he gets there... why? Because like Serra, he may actually pull it off, and you know he's going to go in there and give it his all regardless of who he fights.

Diaz ain't coming back.

I don't see it. Hendricks is faster, more powerful and is a wrestler. Outside of Hendricks getting tired, I don't see how Matt Brown beats Hendricks.

dominated the 5th? no he did not it was still pretty close till he got the TD with almost 2 mins left in the round. Robbie wasnt in danger he just had no energy left to get up, u saw the dissapointment on his face, he gave up right then n there cause he knew he couldnt get up and he lost the fight.

damn! People still forgetting the striking clinic he put on Robbie just before the takedown. Robbie's hands were down as if they weighed 100 pounds each and he was getting hit again and again. Sherdog is good at changing the past.

He could have been playing possum so Erick Silva would blow his wad. That would have been very smart.

I remember Brown looking fresh and accumulating strikes on a guy who got more and more tired. I could conceivably see it happen to Hendricks.

That wasn't a good possum them. He got 7 hard clean punches before he started responding. Exactly 7 hard clean undefended punches in a row.

No way, I like Brown but he isn't a hard enough hitter to KO Hendricks who has survived punishment from guys with big power such as Condit, Kos, and Lawler. Hendricks would beat him up easily.

Although 5 of Matt Brown Punches equals one of Robbie Lawler's punch, he's probably right in terms with knocking Johnny out with accurate "strikes", which include a multitude of hellbows and constant knee attacks.

Matt Brown could tko Johnny by his usual method of attack imo.

Ok, let's go with this. Condit/Hendricks was THREE rounds. By the end of the third, Johny was exhausted and spamming TD's (CC' notorious Achilles heel.) My whole point is, what happens in rounds four and five with Brown who arguably has better TDD and is even more relentless than Carlos? I'm not picking a winner, just saying there's a lot that's intriguing about this fight.

how about we compare Carlos' striking with Brown's? And Hendricks cardio ain't the same it was in Carlos fight. GSP fight was enough to depict how much he has improved that part too. And even as an overall fighter he has become less reckless and more planned.

Um. no.

Hendricks only round of striking success came in round 2. A round Lawler took off to gauge his range and timing. Then he got the breaks beat off of him. Round 5 Johnny was losing the entire round until he got the TD.

Holy crap! Look at the fucking haters! Did you just forget the 20 odd strikes Lawler took unable to lift his hands to even defend Or are you a sore hater? I am sure its the second.

It's going to hard to knock him out if he doesn't even fight him.

Back