Matt Brown has lost 4 of his last 5 do you think he could be cut with 1 more consecutive loss?

Make a Battle of the douchebags match with Brown and Lombard

he was in a similar position before he went on to win 7 in a row and then fight Robbie in a tittle eliminator shot

I doubt they'd cut him, he has main evented twice now and always delivers exciting fights. Never in a boring scrap (save for Hendricks from what I've heard.)

He did just get indirectly called out by Jorge Masvidal. Jorge said he wanted to fight the winner of Brown/Ellenberger, and said that he hoped Brown would win because he's always wanted to fight him. He actually had some pretty interesting words to say about Brown, I recommend you guys watch the latest Masvidal interview posted on Sherdog's Twitter. Anyway, I wonder if Jorge still wants to fight Matt or if he'd rather face the Berg now.
Yeah Hendricks treated Brown like a 170 pound grappling dummy. Speaking of, I was thinking about Ellenberger vs Hendricks. But I like Burger vs Masvidal. Good shit.

He'd just boost BT's ratings, makes no sense. But you never know. He is 35 and UFC likes 'em young.

He's a good fighter, but flipping off the crowd at weigh-in, plus 5 consecutive loss means a cut to me.

Were him less of a pussy while not fighting or winning at least one out of five, I'd think he should stay.

Anyway, here's an awesome Less Than Jake's album for him:
LTJ_LosingStreak_cover.jpg

He will stick around.

Thing is he doesnt really have any top10 wins. and was given the push cause he was a fan favorite for exciting fights against lower tier'd guys.

He is just in over his head when he fights the cream of the division.

But he still has fans and puts butts in the seats and can have many more exciting fights as long as he stays in that 15-40 range. and he has a solid name for young fighters to build off.

He wont be goin anywhere unless he really just implodes and cant win against anybody anymore.
Totally agree. He is a second tier fighter who has been thrown in too many fights with top tier fighters because he is exciting to watch. In the corporate world, it is referred to as promoting to the level of incompetence.

He won't be cut but his fraudulent run as a top WW is over. Not sure how a guy who's best win was over Erik Silva or Mike Pyle was ranked in the top 5 but Brown is back to being a dangerous action fighter and nothing more.

He'll get a softball next.

Don't cut him just yet. He's exciting and brings it. Even when he loses.

Have him fight the loser of Magny/Larkin or maybe Tarec Saffiedine?

If Condit loses to Maia, I'd still love to see Condit vs. Brown.

If he loses his next 2 fights, you kind of have to cut him, though. Matt Brown isn't elite, but he's always dangerous. With that said, he's been getting beat badly in a lot of fights, even if he has his moments. Even in his Erick Silva fight, which he won, he was getting dropped badly.

Fact is, ellenburger was gassed. When brown recovered from that big right hand and the barrage that followed, he started landing shots on Burger. It was obvious burger was gassed. This fight would not have made it out of the 2nd round. and brown would beat burger 9 out of 10 times. That was just a good, perfectly placed kick at the right time.

I felt the same. I'm not going to say Ellenburger was completely gassed but you could tell he was preparing for a long fight after that barrage and making sure he coasted the rest of that round since he pretty much won it.

Back