Matt Brown has gone from jobber who shouldn't be in the UFC...

okusa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
To gatekeeper, to a total animal with the most beautiful mix of boxing and muay thai I have ever seen in MMA. Title shot, right now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

I'd say he was more of a ham 'n egger than a jobber, but now he's got over.

His elbow strikes are laughbable, he needs to a attend a jon jones clinic.

a total animal with the most beautiful mix of boxing and muay thai I have ever seen in MMA.

tumblr_m8dbf91KTs1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

1.gif

I think your props are a little exaggerated but he's definitely come from the bottom to a well recognized and acknowledged fighter.

I agree. He came off like a real douche on TUF. He since then has improved by leaps and bounds. I wanted him to get trashed last night, but after that beatdown he handed out hes starting to grow on me.

..............to a jobber on a 7 fight winning streak with no top 10 wins.

Matt brown has such a huge heart. He is so strong too but do you think he can beat someone like nick Diaz? I'm still just not sold on his skill set. He's top 10 now though but I don't know if he's winning any titles. But who knows really anything can happen if he's givin the opportunity.

I thought his elbows were pretty good. He could have chose a little better on when to elbow and when to punch but the result says otherwise. He looked so strong

The guy is tough as nails and it has taken him a long way. He'll lose as soon as he faces a top wrestler but his comeback is as good as if not better than Hunt's.

he's fun to watch, but he hasn't been tested against an elite yet. Mike Pyle is a solid, solid fighter and probably the best win on Matt's record, but Matt needs to prove himself against a premier fighter to truly earn that title shot. he'd be a great late injury replacement though.

To gatekeeper, to a total animal with the most beautiful mix of boxing and muay thai I have ever seen in MMA. Title shot, right now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Beautiful mix of boxing and muay thai? He doesn't move his head ever. The whole time I was watching that fight I was wondering if either guy would move their head at all. Makes me kinda agree with clowns like Bob Arum sometimes. It was a sick dogfight and Matt Brown is a warrior, but a good boxer like Lawler or Condit would severely light him up.

he never really got outstruck, he just had TERRIBLE grappling

then he started training with the OSU wrestling team and he has not lost a single fight since

he is the shining example of someone who actually fixed a hole in their game. mad respect

Back