Matt Brown=Chris Lytle

I've always considered Mike Pyle the diet version of Chris Lytle.

To me, Matt Brown is almost nothing like Chris. Chris seems like the kind of guy who loves the competition of fighting, but doesn't love hurting people, whereas Brown legitimately seems like he just likes kicking ass. Chris's striking style is more of a technical boxer-puncher (with some kicks), who if he gets hit hard comes forward even more. Whereas Brown seems to have more of a Muay Thai based style. And when Brown gets hit hard, he has a tendency to turn away rather than coming forward (Wonderboy fight). And I feel that Brown's BJJ game is a little more straightforward, whereas Lytle has more of an unpredictable go-for-anything style with a wider arsenal.

Hmmmm...............................Lytle is pretty damn underrated, this is a dude whose never been ko'd or subbed, is 14-1 as a pro boxer and has serious sub skills(20+ sub wins), always fought hard
Brown is pretty damn underrated (t)ko's everyone, great cardio/ heart, better grappling then ANYONE gives him credit for,always fights hard
Both of them have B.S. Losses(alves for lytle. And dhk for brown)
Both are white
Both are from the midwest

....Damn TS you're right. Matt Brown does = Chris Lytle

Pyle's had much better wins and a top 10 ranking.
He is the Code Red Lytle
I may agree with the "Code Red" label since it seems more parallel than "diet" does, because I like Pyle. But it seems like you're implying Pyle is clearly better than Lytle, which is definitely not the case.

Comparing their records is fairly subjective since they don't have many common opponents. The only one that I can think of is Brown, and Lytle dominated Brown twice, while Brown KO'd Pyle. Lytle faced a ton of top comp, and although lost many of those fights, was never definitively stopped. Lytle also beat a former champ in Serra, while Pyle has beaten a few decent contenders and Jon Fitch in his first pro fight. So, like I said, I can see an argument for saying they're comparable, but I don't see much of an argument for Pyle being superior, if that's what you're implying.

tumblr_m9afrxPkG21ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Lol this is instantly what I thought of as well.

Man Lytle just sonned Brown in that fight.

striking isn't just boxing is it? And lytle might have been a decent boxer but how often would he just be swinging for the fences with wild haymakers? Brown hands down is by far the superior striker, he can knee, punch, kick and elbow, all lytle had was his boxing which most of the time he didn't use but rather he'd elect to swing wildly. Lytle had more power but brown is no slouch in that department.

hahahahahaha!!!

Matt Brown - 30 fights, been submitted 9 times
Chris Lytle - 54 fights, never been submitted

Matt Brown - Nickname "The Immortal" :icon_neut
Chris Lytle - Nickname "lights out"

Brown has lost to Lytle twice, by submission.

^^BINGO!!^^ end of thread

the guy used to be nothing but another Chris Leben.

but unlike Leben, he has gotten better every year, worked hard to go down in weight safely and professionally, and has earned his way from top 50 to top 10.

and sherdoggers find a way to make it sound like he sucks.

he's no A Silva or GSP, no. but he's a very good fighter who has improved his whole career and is now on a nice streak. i look forward to seeing him fight a top 5er. if he loses, he's still a very good fighter.

you bitches act like being one of the best 10 fighters your size in the world is pitiful. get a life, children. or better yet, go back and watch his first few fights in the UFC, and celebrate how far he's come. i dare you.

very well said

Back