Matt Brown=Chris Lytle

I'd consider the GOAT SRR a technical brawler. If he saw an opening, he attacked you live a savage, but with clean hooks and uppercuts.
He is the GOAT for sure, but I just always thought of him as a really good boxer-puncher. Not the best defensively, but able to put hand speed, athleticism, reach, and a high level of skill all together better than everyone else. Some of his shit, like establishing a 3-3-3 and then going 3-3-2 to knock Rocky Graziano the fuck out, was simply brilliant. He had a perfect safety lead as well.

Scary part is the only footage of Ray is from when he was past his best and fought at 160 due to a lack of competition at his natural weight.. after dominating the welterweight division for years and going 128–1–2 from age 19-30. :eek:

I can't even tell what submission that is. Straight armlock?
That'd be an inverted triangle plus the armlock for good measure. Kinda like Rockhold-Boetsch though that was with a shoulder lock (kimura).

Not to get off topic but this was one of the greatest nights in ufc history IMO

Great fights

Was there live, right above the floor:icon_lol:
Best event I've been to, hands down. I don't think the broadcast could catch just how loud it was during the main and co-main

About as big of a Lytle fan as possible and while I can get anal and disagree due to a significant technical gap in standup and grapling favoring Lytle, I get TS's meaning in tenacity sort of way.

Ground games about equal. Edge to Brown.

HJWawLk.gif

Still not good enough for SOTN

haha nope... lesnar's arm-triangle was given the nod because of the thrill of the fight, itself. it was a sweet comeback victory for the money-machine. lytle's sub was so much better, though... total bullshit

Lol, Lytle was 5x more skilled than Matt Brown.

Com'on brah.

Of course I'm talking about the new and improved Brown. Not the Brown who was a loss away from being cut after Seth. His ground game is very good - demonstrated well against Silva.

Regarding the Lytle loss, that was 10 or 11 fights ago . . . Matt isn't the same fighter, not even close.

Even if I concede Lytle to be the better BJJ fighter, the current Matt Brown is the better overall fighter of the two - comparing both primes.

Last edited:
Let the man have his streak... sheesh people

I think maybe some Sherdoggers want his streak to end because he comes across as too insensitive on certain subjects and not being tactful enough; people don't like that so it maybe makes it even harder to just sit back and let the guy enjoy his winning streak [ which could continue for a couple more fights if he keeps improving his overall MMA game at this rate]?

Lytle is a much better grappler I agree but Lytle is also a superior striker. Brown is more like a WW version of Levar Johnson with less power. Poor grappling game and a decent striker who relies on overwhelming his opponents.

Brown and Lytle are nothing alike. Sorry.

Lol, Lytle was 5x more skilled than Matt Brown.

No.

Too many people not keeping up with this sport in this thread.

Hey, we all love Lytle . . . But Chris never did anything in the UFC like what Brown's been doing for 7 fights in a row.

Lytle is a much better grappler I agree but Lytle is also a superior striker. Brown is more like a WW version of Levar Johnson with less power. Poor grappling game and a decent striker who relies on overwhelming his opponents.

Whu eez Levar Johnson?!?

Back