Matt Brown=Chris Lytle

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Both tough, exciting fighters, relentless. Lytle much better grappling, but still...

Just like Lytle, there are elite wrestlers that will nullify Brown's technical brawling, and beat him

Let the man have his streak... sheesh people

Agree with the comparison. Good and spectacular fighters but not good enough to be elite or to get a UFC title shot.

Tbh I think lytle is way better on the ground. His subs are so fast

I favor Brown vs anyone in a 5 round fight. That pace he put on Silva and he still looked like could do that for another 10 rounds. He doesn't get tired and I feel that could give a lot of guys trouble like Lombard or Tyron, that's if he survives that long. Which I believe he can.

tumblr_m9afrxPkG21ry1rm7o1_250.gif

technical brawling?
Technical brawling: his striking is pretty sound, good combination punching and ability to cut off the cage using footwork as well as catch people with high kicks or left hooks as they circle out. He just stands in front of people without moving his head though.

For reference, "technical brawler" is what Buffer announces him as.

perhaps Duran would be a better example of that style though.

Technical brawling: his striking is pretty sound, good combination punching and ability to cut off the cage using footwork as well as catch people with high kicks or left hooks as they circle out. He just stands in front of people without moving his head though.

For reference, that is what Buffer announces him as.

perhaps Duran would be a better example of that style though.

I'd consider the GOAT SRR a technical brawler. If he saw an opening, he attacked you live a savage, but with clean hooks and uppercuts.

i think Brown has slightly greater potential than Lytle, but it's a good comparison.

I have to disagree. Brown has much better, more well-rounded striking. Lytle = good boxer/brawler. Brown = very good Muay Thai. Ground games about equal. Edge to Brown.

There are some similarities in that Matt takes damage and the fights resemble brawls (albeit more skilled brawls, honestly) . . . But Brown has better cardio, much more polished, well-rounded and precise striking.

Back