Matt Brown - Beautiful Sweeps

Notwist

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Awesome performance by Matt. I especially loved the sweeps. Why nobody else uses sweeps regularly? Looks pretty damn effective. Please share if you have any gifs, Matt vs Eric or any other fight. Wanna see more sweeps :)

Only half of them were sweeps. The other half Matt just grabbed silva by the neck with both hands and tossed him on the ground. Looked like a schoolyard fight

Silva was gassed and beaten mentally, so it made the sweeps much more dramatic. Not taking any credit away from Brown though, dude went into beast mode and fucked shit up. Good for him.

My old muay Thai coach use to use those sweeps regularly and even worked them on UFC fighters in our old gym regularly. They are beautiful and yes even if you don't trip it's still a sweep.

Anyway, what beautiful destruction. A sunset on the Rocky mountains has nothing on that.

781709061.gif

Pague vs. Jabouin... I think Pague has pulled this off before too

Only half of them were sweeps. The other half Matt just grabbed silva by the neck with both hands and tossed him on the ground. Looked like a schoolyard fight

They are still sweeps. You grab the back of the head not neck. Guys with really strong clinch pull that off and it's so bad ass.

Machida vs Hendo, machida pulled off a nice trip in the clinch.

IIRC Maia hit an amazing sweep on Sonnen right into the triangle.

IIRC Maia hit an amazing sweep on Sonnen right into the triangle.

That sweep then the triangle was absolutely beautiful, the sort of shit that makes you appreciate the beauty of submissions

781709061.gif

Pague vs. Jabouin... I think Pague has pulled this off before too

That's a sasae tsurikomi ashi, Brown's looked more like a de ashi barai if I remember correctly but I'd need to re-watch it.

Sasae is where you bring them over the foot whereas a de ashi barai is where you get your opponent moving and sweep their leg across the front of them.

They looked effortless. Really nice ones.

Silva was exhausted, that's why those were so effective

It looked like some old fashion old man strength tossing a kid around.

here is a good one... machida uses pure timing and not even that much connection

method=get&s=lyoto-machida-bj-penn.gif
First person that came to mind. Pretty much the only takedown lyoto uses is foot trips

Back