Matt Brown and Floyd Mayweather...

There is a wroldwide boxing culture continuing from generation to generation. Boxing, even if it looks boring and one-dimensional to us MMA fans, is far more interesting to many people than MMA.

I think the UFC does a pretty good job HYPING. It can put some efforts into spreaing MMA into countries that do not yet recognize it. It will take time to be recognized worldwide as a legit sport like boxing is. Its not really good comparing MMA to boxing as the age difference is just too big.

Very intelligent post, well said.

I think Matt Brown gets paid way less than he should for putting up those kind of shows that he did against Silva. But Mayweather is proven to be the best boxer of this generation and everybody knows that, and everybody wants to see the best in the ring, which works really well with Floyd because he/his management seems to be really good with promotion and business also. Im not saying Matt should be paid what Floyd gets paid, but tbh he is way more exciting than most of the highest paid fighters in the UFC.

The world knows who Floyd is, 90% of the world's population don't even know what mma is. It is what it is.

I think Matt Brown gets paid way less than he should for putting up those kind of shows that he did against Silva. But Mayweather is proven to be the best boxer of this generation and everybody knows that, and everybody wants to see the best in the ring, which works really well with Floyd because he/his management seems to be really good with promotion and business also. Im not saying Matt should be paid what Floyd gets paid, but tbh he is way more exciting than most of the highest paid fighters in the UFC.

Let's see how exiting he is against a top ten, you don't get big money if you're fighting b and c level fighters.

So a far superior athlete earns more than a far inferior athlete.

And this is news why, exactly?

Matt Brown put together one of the most shocking and exciting fights, in recent years. WHO recovers from a body kick after having the wind knocked out of them??? All this, and MAYBE he pockets $60k after taxes.

His performance bonus alone was 100K. I'm not even sure what his show and win bonus were but I'd be surprised if he pockets under 100K for this event.

You're comparing the highest paid sportsman in the world, to Matt Brown...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back