Matt Brown and Floyd Mayweather...

HELLO, EARTH TO YOU.

Marcos Maidana?

Matt Brown makes Maidana look pretty. And that is pretty hard to do. Maidana at least throws jabs to set up punches when he needed to.

Put Matt Brown with guys like Broner or Mayweather and you will never hear people say he should have won the close fights.

Ever heard of Antonio Margarito!???

I remember how Floyd dodged him like crazy, now granted dude was a cheater but he had less boxing skills than Matt Brown!

Less skills that Matt Brown is a stretch. But I see your point. Difference is, Margarito can actually take a body shot.

MMA fighters get paid sweet fuck all compared to other sports

Bring on a Fighters Union!!

Ever heard of Antonio Margarito!???

I remember how Floyd dodged him like crazy, now granted dude was a cheater but he had less boxing skills than Matt Brown!

you are fucken delusional if u think matt brown has better boxing skills than toney

damn this place cracks me up

im literally embarrassed for you

TS got to be trolling.

Floyd Mayweather is greatness. Matt Brown is just another dude

Meh, what can we do really? Boxing has a ton of old money invested in it, it's just the way it is. I don't think the UFC will ever reach boxings level. People tune in to see him win or tune in to see him lose, but either way you will tune in. Unless billionaires buy into the UFC and feel like dumping money into fighters pockets out of generosity, the fighters in the UFC or any MMA organization will never be paid half their worth. It's insane to think that guys who are labelled professionals of a sport cannot retire after reaching the pinnacle of their sport and being atop it for several years. The guys who are into MMA now and previous to this point, not just the UFC, these are the guys who should be remembered forever if the sport ever does become huge, because the guys are fighting for the love of the fight, they'll make some good financial foot prints, but this isn't the game to get into thinking your life is set once you reach the top of the sport.

Matt Brown makes Maidana look pretty. And that is pretty hard to do. Maidana at least throws jabs to set up punches when he needed to.

Put Matt Brown with guys like Broner or Mayweather and you will never hear people say he should have won the close fights.

The difference between them is in skill, that was not the point you were making in your post, your point was about doing the same thing for the entire duration of the fight. Maidana and (as some other guy said) Margarito have done very well using the same thing that works.

Other predicitble guys, in mma no less. Glover texiera, Junior Dos Santos, Chael Sonnen, Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Johnny Hendricks, Jake Sheilds ect ect ect... shall i go on? Are these guys average bums?

Matt Brown put together one of the most shocking and exciting fights, in recent years. WHO recovers from a body kick after having the wind knocked out of them??? All this, and MAYBE he pockets $60k after taxes.

That's really nothing when you see how much punishment he took.

Floyd Mayweather's paycheck is currently approaching the $100,000,000 mark, after PPV's are tallied, for a majority decision win.

There's something really wrong here, and it's the marketing. Plain and simple. More people hate Floyd than like him, and he'll probably be close to a billionaire by the time his career is done. With none of his fights even coming close to a "Brown vs Silva" excitement level.

The only excitement is in the HYPE for his fights, and that's something the UFC has to get better at if they want their brand to succeed, over time.

Bro your argument is pathetic. I hate people who complain about fighter pay. If you train up for a job for a disclosed sum of money or wage, then you put up with what you have. If you apply for a job and the contracted amount is x. You get x. You have no right to bitch about it. The UFC is a fucking business and this is what the fighters signed up for. You don't turn around to McDonalds and ask them to increase your wages from minimum wage because they're making billions. Its a ridiculous topic and it doesn't even concern you.

For the record, Mayweather himself is a business. You can't compare him to any athlete in MMA. What a joke.

Bro your argument is pathetic. I hate people who complain about fighter pay. If you train up for a job for a disclosed sum of money or wage, then you put up with what you have. If you apply for a job and the contracted amount is x. You get x. You have no right to bitch about it. The UFC is a fucking business and this is what the fighters signed up for. You don't turn around to McDonalds and ask them to increase your wages from minimum wage because they're making billions. Its a ridiculous topic and it doesn't even concern you.

For the record, Mayweather himself is a business. You can't compare him to any athlete in MMA. What a joke.

But people do rally to increase the minimum wage. And it works.

That is true, no one is forced to enter their contract, it's up to themselves and their managers to make sure they are compensated as well as possible. Fighters may make the show go round, but it takes more than a few complaining to get anything done, simply because there is so much young up and coming talent that would take half the pay to fight in the UFC and would take that small pay and use it as an opportunity to prove themselves and their worth, and then increase it. And you're right, Mayweather is his own promotion, no UFC fighter or any other organization for that matter will ever be able to co-promote with the UFC, if they haven't done it yet, they won't do it now, they are the top organization, they benefit 0 from co-promotion with any other MMA org.

Sorry to do this cause I agree with so much of what you said, but I disagree with the last part, I mean really none of the fight game has any to do with us, not their camps, not their training, not their wins or losses, so I think it's kinda silly to say it has nothing to do with us and dismiss it, it's a forum for us fans of a common interest just to talk about our ideas of the fights or fighters. I mean really who else would we talk to? This sport is so small it sucks leaving the gym if you train and want to talk about it further, because you cant, because you usually run into guys that think Chuck or Tito is still the lhw champ. Then we come to the forums and half the time you just get blasted by people with insults. Other than that, I agree with everything you said, and I like the Mcdonalds analogy lol, I'll probably steal that from you haha.

There's something wrong with Floyd earning more money than Matt Brown? Lmao

That is true, no one is forced to enter their contract, it's up to themselves and their managers to make sure they are compensated as well as possible. Fighters may make the show go round, but it takes more than a few complaining to get anything done, simply because there is so much young up and coming talent that would take half the pay to fight in the UFC and would take that small pay and use it as an opportunity to prove themselves and their worth, and then increase it. And you're right, Mayweather is his own promotion, no UFC fighter or any other organization for that matter will ever be able to co-promote with the UFC, if they haven't done it yet, they won't do it now, they are the top organization, they benefit 0 from co-promotion with any other MMA org.

Sorry to do this cause I agree with so much of what you said, but I disagree with the last part, I mean really none of the fight game has any to do with us, not their camps, not their training, not their wins or losses, so I think it's kinda silly to say it has nothing to do with us and dismiss it, it's a forum for us fans of a common interest just to talk about our ideas of the fights or fighters. I mean really who else would we talk to? This sport is so small it sucks leaving the gym if you train and want to talk about it further, because you cant, because you usually run into guys that think Chuck or Tito is still the lhw champ. Then we come to the forums and half the time you just get blasted by people with insults. Other than that, I agree with everything you said, and I like the Mcdonalds analogy lol, I'll probably steal that from you haha.

Co-signed brother. I agree with what you just said too. I was harsh because usually its the same people bitching over and over and over again. I've been on these forums for years now but just decided to make an account because it seems like all people do nowadays it just find something to bitch about lol

Co-signed brother. I agree with what you just said too. I was harsh because usually its the same people bitching over and over and over again. I've been on these forums for years now but just decided to make an account because it seems like all people do nowadays it just find something to bitch about lol

That's the same reason I made one lol. Some stuff just gets dragged along for far too long, like a few weeks ago when I saw someone post about Diaz and Condit and which rounds went to which fighter lol. Or Jones and the eye pokes that came up 2-3 days ago. Just let the shit go or post when it's relevant haha. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt that they just want to converse but I swear to god it feels more like a board full of trolls more times than not hahaha

There is a wroldwide boxing culture continuing from generation to generation. Boxing, even if it looks boring and one-dimensional to us MMA fans, is far more interesting to many people than MMA.

I think the UFC does a pretty good job HYPING. It can put some efforts into spreaing MMA into countries that do not yet recognize it. It will take time to be recognized worldwide as a legit sport like boxing is. Its not really good comparing MMA to boxing as the age difference is just too big.

Boxing is not boring at all, Floyd's is. But he is the best at what he does, punch someone and avoid being hit.

Mayweather respects the hands of Matt Brown.

Matt Brown put together one of the most shocking and exciting fights, in recent years. WHO recovers from a body kick after having the wind knocked out of them??? All this, and MAYBE he pockets $60k after taxes.

That's really nothing when you see how much punishment he took.

Floyd Mayweather's paycheck is currently approaching the $100,000,000 mark, after PPV's are tallied, for a majority decision win.

There's something really wrong here, and it's the marketing. Plain and simple. More people hate Floyd than like him, and he'll probably be close to a billionaire by the time his career is done. With none of his fights even coming close to a "Brown vs Silva" excitement level.

The only excitement is in the HYPE for his fights, and that's something the UFC has to get better at if they want their brand to succeed, over time.

Besides the obvious, Floyd being his own boss and boxing being bigger then MMA. Floyd is the only boxer in the world who can do what he does. He is the undefeated P4P champ and despite what some MMA fans think, most real boxing fans love watching him box.

Brown isn't even a top 50 P4P MMA fighter. There are plenty of tough MMA fighters who can do what he does, but there is only one Floyd

Back