Mats Nilsson retires from MMA

Goodbye, a legend of the sport.

I remember the day he made his WW debut

Also, someone else went out of their way to state he won't be missed. But they're not meaning to be rude and wish him well.

Unfortunately threads like this always bring out the idiots. Can't make the effort to actually read the link but find time to dis the guy. Hey ho that's Sherdog I guess, any dickhead can open an account

Good for him to retire if his hearts not in it. Wish him luck

Haha yeah on social security is exactly where a pro fighter wanna go! Maybe he could earn 1000 dollars a month so the sky's the limit really, what else you need :)

Haha yeah was thinking the same myself. As if these fighters are retiring from MMA to go and sign on the dole.

Troeng is a mathematician affiliated with a quite large university (large in Sweden, that is). I'm pretty sure he'll have no problems making money.

That's great to hear. Was sad to see him retire though, wasn't at his best in his last few fights but he was a beast when he was younger, hoped he'd recapture that form at some stage.

Ahh, Nilson is a cool guy, he is a great grappler, but good luck to him in the future.

Back