Mats/Heavy Bag Question

BoranFighter

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm getting some of interlocking mats from amazon, they're 3/4" thick. I think that should be fine. I'm going to be mainly doing Muay Thai, JKD, and Silat on these mats, and sparring with my friend. These are the Interlocking Puzzle Mats I order, they have good reviews. What do you guys think? Was it a good choice?

Also, I was thinking about getting a new heavy bag. Im currently using an Everlast 80lb, but its only three and half feet. I want a 6' 120lb muay thai bag, what would be a good choice? And what would be the right choice for kicking shield/kicking pads/focus mits/belly protection ect. I want to build a little dojo in my basement ;). Please give me your opinion. Thanks.

Get a KO Fightgear Thai Bag. EXCELLENT

The problems you might find with the Puzzle mats are that they sometimes slip and pop apart when you pivot hard.
A better option for the future are Dollamur mats sold directly on eBay

Or check out AK Athletics.
That's what we are putting in our Gym

looked up the KO bag, it was around 200 dollars. I was thinking about this one Fairtex 6ft Muay Thai Banana Bag HB6. Now when it comes to filling the bag, people say you should just use cut up clothes from goodwill, but is that really the best option? Would using recycled tire rubber pellets work better? And what about other equipment. What are the best brands?

Last edited:
Back