News Matchroom move uk shows from sky to dazn

Does that mean shit?

Yeah it means for the most part DAZN's broadcast are brutal. Taylor-Prograis? At least the feed I got was hilariously bad with dead air for like 10 minutes at a time. Their US broadcast teams are horawful but I don't care as long as they bring the fights. They have lot of fighters I like to watch so I'm there for almost every show. This deal is great grandfathered subscriber like me because it's a bigger pool of fighters and money in the mix now. As a whole DAZN's broadcast need work. A lot of work.

Never had a single problem with the DAZN signal nothing ever all works properly so I am sure it’s more due to be people’s connection than anything

I don’t like the broadcast team but matchroom shows will be different it’s a whole new production run by matchroom and the team will be announced soon

Yeah it means for the most part DAZN's broadcast are brutal. Taylor-Prograis? At least the feed I got was hilariously bad with dead air for like 10 minutes at a time. Their US broadcast teams are horawful but I don't care as long as they bring the fights. They have lot of fighters I like to watch so I'm there for almost every show. This deal is great grandfathered subscriber like me because it's a bigger pool of fighters and money in the mix now. As a whole DAZN's broadcast need work. A lot of work.
But you are coming from a broadcasting background if memory serves, so your eye is more critical than most. You are absolutely NOT wrong, but access first, then polish.

But you are coming from a broadcasting background if memory serves, so your eye is more critical than most. You are absolutely NOT wrong, but access first, then polish.
The broadcast will be different from current DAZN set up as will be done by the new matchroom production company

The broadcast will be different from current DAZN set up as will be done by the new matchroom production company
I'm hopeful if Eddie is involved in choosing the team. He has a good vision for what works. I may well get a subscription. I wonder what this means for Joshua though as he has an exclusive contact with Sky...

EDIT: Joshua has his last fight under contract with Sky against Usyk. Then I imagine DAZN will do their utmost to sign him.

Last edited:
I'm hopeful if Eddie is involved in choosing the team. He has a good vision for what works. I may well get a subscription. I wonder what this means for Joshua though as he has an exclusive contact with Sky...

EDIT: Joshua has his last fight under contract with Sky against Usyk. Then I imagine DAZN will do their utmost to sign him.
Boy I cant wait to see what those figures look like. Going to be some major $$$.

Boy I cant wait to see what those figures look like. Going to be some major $$$.
I am not sure if AJ will sign with DAZN could do fight by fight deals let’s see

I imagine this will come with a significant price increase seeing as DAZN is only currently £2.99 a month. Still though this seems like good news for UK boxing.

I'd say it may end up being 9,99 til the end of next year or so. Definitely give DAZN a chance and I think it's a good deal for fans, too. Still better value and you can avoid that PPV shit.

I have DAZN since the Conor-Mayweather fight and i'm paying 12€/month for the last 3 years now. Can't say a bad word at all about them. The programme in Germany is a real steal for that price as I've got every UFC(incl PPV), Bellator, big Boxing fights(Canelo, AJ, Fury), NBA, NFL, NHL and some football. Never had any issue quality wise. Mostly watching via Fire TV stick on my regular tv screen.

I'd say it may end up being 9,99 til the end of next year or so. Definitely give DAZN a chance and I think it's a good deal for fans, too. Still better value and you can avoid that PPV shit.

I have DAZN since the Conor-Mayweather fight and i'm paying 12€/month for the last 3 years now. Can't say a bad word at all about them. The programme in Germany is a real steal for that price as I've got every UFC(incl PPV), Bellator, big Boxing fights(Canelo, AJ, Fury), NBA, NFL, NHL and some football. Never had any issue quality wise. Mostly watching via Fire TV stick on my regular tv screen.
That ain't bad at all. I think the UFC deal is up soon for BT Sport over here, and a lot of the football rights are up too. At the moment DAZN is really just boxing in the UK though.

That ain't bad at all. I think the UFC deal is up soon for BT Sport over here, and a lot of the football rights are up too. At the moment DAZN is really just boxing in the UK though.
All the premier league football rights got rolled over on the existing terms but maybe if they could get the ufc would be good

Yes and this is a fair assessment.
To DAZN's credit, I thought the Canelo-BJS was produced beautifully. The things I didn't like are like you said polish. The smaller cards and international cards are still rough. Some of those are produced by DAZN and some are not.

1.99 a month to watch the kind of cards where Lewis Ritson is the best thing on it is acceptable, just. 9.99 a month for that shit, no way.

Back