Matches to make after UFC 155.

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What are your guys opinion on who should face who after watching Saturdays card of UFC 155?

My opinion for the Main Card:

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum (Should he beat Big Nog)

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (Should he beat Bigfoot)

Jim Miller vs. Gilbert Melendez (Upon arrival to the UFC)
Joe Lauzon vs. Nate Diaz.
Costa Philippou vs. Hector Lombard.
Tim Boestch vs. Mark Munoz.
Yushin Okami vs. Jacare Souza. (Upon arrival into the UFC)
Alan Belcher vs. Loser of Michael Bisping & Vitor Belfort.
Derek Brunson vs. Francis Carmont.
Chris Leben vs. Fabio Maldonado.

werdum will fight in june, u want cain to be on the shelf til fall?

And dana said at the post fight scrum milendez will fight bendo (take that for what it is)

What are your guys opinion on who should face who after watching Saturdays card of UFC 155?

My opinion for the Main Card:

Cain Velasquez vs. Fabricio Werdum (Should he beat Big Nog)

Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem (Should he beat Bigfoot)

Jim Miller vs. Gilbert Melendez (Upon arrival to the UFC)
Joe Lauzon vs. Nate Diaz.
Costa Philippou vs. Hector Lombard.
Tim Boestch vs. Mark Munoz.
Yushin Okami vs. Jacare Souza. (Upon arrival into the UFC)
Alan Belcher vs. Loser of Michael Bisping & Vitor Belfort.
Derek Brunson vs. Francis Carmont.
Chris Leben vs. Fabio Maldonado.

No complaints here, all make sense.

Overeem is obviously the #1 contender if he wins. He was the #1 contender before he got suspended, so a win he's the logical pick. Also Werdum/Nog is in June as was mentioned, so as far as the time period goes it works much better. Cain and Overeem could fight around the same time as Werdum and Nog with the winners potentially facing each other.

Leben vs Maldonado was something I never considered, but that could be a solid fight if Chris get's over his cardio issues and Maldonado does make the move to MW!

werdum will fight in june, u want cain to be on the shelf til fall?

And dana said at the post fight scrum milendez will fight bendo (take that for what it is)

Oh yeah I never thought of that.

I would rather see JDS vs. Overeem, but I'm guessing if Overeem wins his next fight they might just give him that title shot.

Cormier has already stated if Cain won the title back that he'd drop to LHW so he's outta the equation. I guess Werdum gotta fight Big Nog in the mean time and he's outta the equation as well for near future title shots.

no way cain should wait for werdum. he'd be on the shelf until fall 2013. give him the winner reem/bigfoot

Overeem is obviously the #1 contender if he wins. He was the #1 contender before he got suspended, so a win he's the logical pick. Also Werdum/Nog is in June as was mentioned, so as far as the time period goes it works much better. Cain and Overeem could fight around the same time as Werdum and Nog with the winners potentially facing each other.

Yeah I just realized they fight in June, I guess Dos Santos might just get the loser of the Overeem vs. Bigfoot fight & Dos Santos might have to fight one more before challenging Cain for the title again, their rematch is most likely to happen in 2014 should they both beat their next couple opponents.

Why not have Daniel Cormier have a number one contender fight or fight for the title?

My two main ones are jds should welcome barnett to the ufc and cain should fight reem should he win or werdum if he beats nog

I wouldnt be surprised if they pulled Reem from the Bigfoot fight and just gave him the next shot outright. The UFC does not want Bigfoot to pull off the upset in a bad way.

I really want to see Costa fight Hector. I think that could be a sick fight

Cain v. Big Foot/Overeem winner
Cormier v. JDS
Cormier/JDS winner v. Werdum/Big Nog winner (assuming it won't be JDS v. Nog)
Varner v. Miller (I don't necessarily want this but I'm sure it prob will happen)
Okami v. Condit or Kampmann

Also, Leben vs any guy willing to strike with him. Maybe Vitor if he loses

Back