Linton Vassell vs Ryan Bader 2 - Bellator Heavyweight Championship
Valentin Moldavsky vs Ali Isaev
Enrique Barzola vs James Gallagher
Erik Perez vs Leandro Higo
Khalid Kurtzhaliev vs Gregory Babene
Tony Johnson vs Charlie Ward
Dovletzhan Yagshimuradov vs Phil Davis
Julius Anglickas vs Augusto/Biyong loser

Erik Perez cut. 1-3 in Bellator and only beat a can. Probably makes decent $ too. He didn't fought their best guys either. He would get killed against Stots, Mix etc
Charlie Ward and Tony Johnson cut too

Goiti vs Berkhamov
Murtazaliev vs Rosta

The others makes sense

Few of them already set with GP fights and Vassell title shot vs bader.

Bendo's done. Larkin/MVP is def the fight to make since it seems Jackson is way they are going according to Big John. Thought maybe they slip MVP back into a title fight but he'll need one more and him vs Larkin would def work as a contender fight.

Always liked Linton he’s basically undefeated and avenged his only loss at HW.

Is Minakov ever fighting again? Bellators HW division is pretty dry.

Unless in Russia, cant picture Minakov fighting again. He's been too inactive and his best days as a top contender are well past.

I'm actually hyped to see Linton/Bader, both guys have power standing, and Ryan is a better wrestler but Linton is a better grappler, it seems an even match up with Bader slowing down some and Linton not cutting weight in this rematch, probably ends with whoever lands cleanly first imo.

That sucks I thought he was just taking his time after the last fight he lost by injury.
I’m also looking forward to Linton vs Bader and rooting for Linton.

MVP vs Larkin would be amazing, but I believe theyre friends and dont want to fight each other.

Usman Nurmagomedov vs Alexander Shabliy – I'm assuming this is the tournament format, but I have to confess I missed it on the broadcast if it is – but it's a potentially excellent fight, I can't see Umar waiting to counter and thus engineering another disappointing fight, I think this one is all-action.

Benson Henderson vs Tofiq Musayev - Opportunity for one of the two losing quarter finalists to bounce back, and with serious rankings implications. I can't see this happening for a while, but if one or the other cannot compete for some reason, having Gadzi Rabadanov there would be a good back up.

Alexander Shabliy vs Usman Nurmagomedov (see above)

Tofiq Musayev vs Benson Henderson (see above)

Linton Vassell vs Ryan Bader (c) – What a massive KO from Vassell, those elbows were scary as hell. Moldavsky is a very talented, highly durable tactician, but I don't see anyone surviving those kinds of shots... unreal. That said, getting Bader in a similar position seems a nigh-on impossible task. Bader's strength and wrestling pedigree make him a decent favourite to beat Vassell again, IMO.

Valentin Moldavsky vs Steve Mowry II – The first fight was a 54 second No Contest due to eye poke, so I'm almost surprised they didn't run it back already. That said, it's a tailor-made contender fight, and while Moldavsky winning means facing someone who recently beat him, Mowry has every chance at grabbing his own title shot.

Michael Venom Page vs Yaroslav Amasov (c) – I think this is the only fight Bellator can make, it doesn't particularly suit MVP stylistically, but this guy can make crazy stuff happen on a dime. That injury inflicted tonight was almost as gnarly as the annihilation of Cyborg's skull.

Goiti Yamauchi – RECOVER! - Damn, I have never seen that before, ever. Best wishes, Goiti, for a speedy recovery!

Enrique Barzola vs Leandro Higo – I think Barzola tests everyone, and I'm not sure Higo passes that test. Still, as #10 vs #7, this is the kind of fight between two South American uber-veterans that really validates the Bellator rankings. Looks perfect on paper, and should be fun.

Erik Perez vs Sarvarjon Khamidov – Erik Perez is a great test to Khamidov, who looks destined to join the Bellator bantamweight rankings pretty soon. Khamidov could, of course, get a ranked opponent after beating Jose Maria Tome, but I think this is an opportunity to get another look before that happens.

Josh Hill vs Brett Johns – I think it would be strange if this wasn't the fight Bellator put together. Two very, very experienced bantamweight veterans with all kinds of monsters on their records, and both could easily be ranked far higher. Yes, it probably goes the distance, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's boring when both guys are so wily.

Cass Bell vs Ilias Bulaid – An enforced move to 145 for Bell, against a guy his own height, with a plethora of kickboxing experience. Bulaid isn't an active Bellator fighter, but I kind of wish he was. He's a real talent. He could potentially rip through someone like Bell.

Khalid Murtazaliev vs Austin Vanderford – Couple of things. That was a pretty 'safe' (boring) performance from Khalid against someone who isn't very good, and while he still deserves to face a ranked opponent next, he doesn't deserve an easy stylistic match up (ie, another striker with no TD): so instead, give him Vanderford. I mentioned a 'couple of things' – that's right, Austin Vanderford looked terrible last time out, so this is equally a test for him.

Tony Johnson vs Sean Fallon – 39 vs 37, both 6'2, similar frames... two veterans who aren't going to climb the ladder any time soon, but who could put on a respectable prelim. Winner is the gatekeeper for the next promising middleweight. Beats feeding both endlessly to beasts simultaneously, as someone actually benefits here.

Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov vs Karl Moore – Time to bring Karl to the States after going 3-0 in Bellator IMO. Yagshi has defeated Rafael Carvalho and Julius Anglickas back-to-back, and likely enters the Bellator top 5 despite losing his first 2 outings in the promotion. Moore should be confident having tapped Karl Albrektsson last time. Alternatively, run it in Ireland if Bellator insist on being geographically predictable.

Julius Anglickas vs Viktor Nemkov – 3 defeats in a row for Julius, who either loses his rankings spot or has to put it up against the next-best-guy. Nemkov is another fighter that lost to Karl Albrektsson, and like Yagshi, still presents a very credible threat at 205.

MVP Vs Amosov (fuck Jason Jackson)
Goiti I think will be out for a while unfortunately, that looked like a bad one.
Tofiq can maybe re-match Patricky if he loses to McKee.

I'd rather just have MVP get a title shot. More entertaining and he's "close enough" to a shot anyway. He doesn't have much time left either. If they said Jason Jackson is next then I guess that's that then.

It'd be nice if Benson announced ahead of time his retirement match and fought someone more interesting as a send off. Outlaw is really dry.

A rematch with Patricky once he is eliminated from the tournament would be nice. Maybe they bring in Eddie Alvarez? Kind of sounds like bellator booking to bring back Eddie and have him get out wrestled for 25 minutes.

I like how even hardcore MMA fans even know when an MMA fighter says they're retired, they still future matchmake fights for them.

I feel like I'm out of the loop.. Why fuck Jason Jackson? Is it just his fighting style?
Yes that's why they hate him. He can out wrestle the striker and our strike the wrestler while underwhelming the entire time.

I feel like I'm out of the loop.. Why fuck Jason Jackson? Is it just his fighting style?
Yeah, boring af fighter; point fighter, keeping it safe style, decision machine. Managed to make boring fights and put the crowd to sleep against Neiman, Lima, and Daley.

Back