Matches for after UFC 155 (accurcate edition)

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
JDS vs. Cain 3- After they both took beatings (Cains obviously more embarrassing.) it is time to settle the score in a rubber match and let the HW division get on with itself. Cain almost got an instant rematch after being destroyed in 64 seconds, I think JDS deserves another shot after lasting 25 minutes.

Jim Miller vs. Nurmagomedov/Tavares winner- Jim Miller is I great talent, but to say he is on the cusp of contendership after losing to every main contender or champion as of now is just silly. I propose the obvious plan of seeing if he can keep up the good work in a bid to see if Bendo/Miller 2 is even worth a second thought and Nurmagomedov or Tavares would make great tests while being able to boost their own careers significantly with a win over Miller.

Costa Philippou vs. Belfort/Bisping winner- There is a lot of controversy surrounding pokey mcheadbutt but I implore you not to let it take away from the raw talent and exciting fights he has the ability to put on...will he ever face Silva for the MW crown? Probably not, but I know for a fact him vs. Belfort or Bisping would be a fun striking match to watch and if he were to beat either of them the whacky Cinderella story would continue.

Okami vs Lombard- I said Lombard should fight the Okami/Alan winner 2 weeks back...Okami won therefore...Okami vs Lombard please.

Brunson vs. Smith/Gracie winner- Well neither Brunson or Leben looked like superstars but one of them came out the winner. Brunson may not have broke anyones neck attempting to get a better look at him as prospect but the kid has talent, crappy performance or not. So Roger Gracie is planning on taking on what many believe to be a walk in Anthony Smith early this upcoming year and I think the winner of that would be able to gauge Bruson as prospect a little bit better.

Wineland vs. Assun

jds is not getting an instant rematch after that beating.

moraga should fight uyenoyama in a #1 contender fight.

Stopped reading after "Cain's more embarrassing."

No, Cain's loss was not more embarrassing.

And no, we don't need a rubber match, at least not yet. How about JDS win a fight or two first?

I would not be surprised to hear/see/discover Jim Miller gunning for a re-match with Diaz.
And I would watch the re-match with intensity, still giving Nate the edge but we got to see a new fire in Jim tonight.

I wanna see Lauzon vs Diaz.
Even in defeat Nate should get a call out from Miller or an equivalent fighter over Lauzon.
Lets see Khabib vs Lauzon

Love J-Lau but I think Nate is still a step or two ahead of him

I though JDSs loss was far more embarassaing

Stopped reading after "Cain's more embarrassing."

No, Cain's loss was not more embarrassing.

And no, we don't need a rubber match, at least not yet. How about JDS win a fight or two first?

he won 9 fights including one where he knocked out the man that couldn't finish him in 64 seconds.

JDS wont get an immediate rematch as much as i wanted to...

he won 9 fights including one where he knocked out the man that couldn't finish him in 64 seconds.

Cool story.

There's more than 9 guys in the division though, right? He can fight someone else.

JDS vs Cain 2 was too soon, Cain shouldn't have had a title rematch after a single win when Werdum has been waiting in the wings. JDS vs Cain 3 should not happen for at least 2 years, Cain needs to defend, JDS needs to rebuild.

Miller taking a massive step down? Why?

Costa Phillipou being rewarded with a shot at who White says is the #1 contender for beating Boetsch? No.

Okami vs Lombard is passable, but Weidman should picture into this too, if he's healthy.

I can't be arsed with the rest. This is why you're on Sherdog and not working for the UFC on matchmaking, basically.

A loss embarrassing? Cain got caught by someone with some of the best hands in the UFC. Junior also briefly got caught, then got out-wrestled and out-muscled for four rounds and was never able to fully recover.

If either of these are embarrassing to you, then you should stop watching the sport. Good fights.

That said, an immediate rematch is not needed. Next fight, we should see Overeem-Cain, and

Dos Santos-Hunt

I would not be surprised to hear/see/discover Jim Miller gunning for a re-match with Diaz.
And I would watch the re-match with intensity, still giving Nate the edge but we got to see a new fire in Jim tonight.

Even in defeat Nate should get a call out from Miller or an equivalent fighter over Lauzon.
Lets see Khabib vs Lauzon

Love J-Lau but I think Nate is still a step or two ahead of him

Styles make fights. And Diaz got absolutely destroyed by Benson so his stock isn't that high at the moment.

Styles make fights. And Diaz got absolutely destroyed by Benson so his stock isn't that high at the moment.

Stock or not I still think Nate sits on a higher pedestal, deserving a fight better than J-Lau

JDS vs. Cain 3- After they both took beatings (Cains obviously more embarrassing.)

This sentence summarizes this thread. Worthless. How can you possibly think that?

Lauzon vs Diaz is the perfect fight. They both love to fight, both have technical jits games and won't turn it into a snoozer.

It's a great barometer for where Diaz is in the division now too. He should beat Lauzon because he's better at everything, but if he loses, he's really not deserving of being in title contention at all.

Exactly and lets be honest, that fight would have FOTN written all over it.

I would rather see Diaz face Pettis though, The Jlau/diaz contemplations are very exciting but I don't want to see two favorites go at it, I just know some one is getting finished in that fight lol

Cerrone vs Diaz 2 would make another bundle of cash for Zuffa

You know thats not how the UFC works. And i had it 29-28 J-Lau.

So you are either blind or an idiot

I love Lauzon, but everyone i know had the first round 10-8 for Miller, the 2nd round was super close but to Lauzon and Miller won the entire 3rd round where Lauzon was exhausted, Lauzon did nothing until the last 20 seconds going for 2 subs.

I scored it 29-28 for Miller, could have been 29-27 for Miller. Which 2 rounds did Lauzon win, going for 3 or 4 subs in 30 seconds of a 15 minute fight wins you 2 rounds?

Back