Match outcomes that genuinely surprised you

Oh, that's because the build-up storyline to the match was Mick Foley made it while he was GM, and Vince was completely against it because it was hyped up to be extremely dangerous to have six wrestlers in a HITC match and it would cause injuries and end careers, which would cost him money.

So he tried to take down the HITC in the middle of the match.

By the way, I saw an interview with Rakishi about that match and he mentioned he and Taker did two test runs of that fall off the cage, and it went perfectly but he was still scared as hell to do it in the match. All he could do is trust Taker.

My question is - He was at least 350 pounds, falling 15 feet, and landed perfectly and uninjured into the back of the truck. What in the hell was in that flatbed that absorbed the impact so perfectly?

“Think about it, you’ve got more to lose than anybody.”
“You’ve been there before, you of all people know!”
“I don’t like you in Hell In a Cell. I don’t like a lot of these guys in Hell in A cell.”

Such a perfect devil on the shoulder

His big fat ass probably did a good job of breaking his fall.

Yeah, more body size helps absorb impact, but bones (especially discs in the backbone) are more fragile than they're commonly thought to be.

That's why guys that big rarely, if ever, take suplexes off the top rope and onto the ring canvas. Its much harder than the mats around the ring.

So if big guys rarely if ever take bumps off the top rope, and that's 4 feet from the canvas, Rakishi took a 15-foot bump from the top of the case. It MUST have had some serious padding, I'm just curious as to what it exactly was.

“Think about it, you’ve got more to lose than anybody.”
“You’ve been there before, you of all people know!”
“I don’t like you in Hell In a Cell. I don’t like a lot of these guys in Hell in A cell.”

Such a perfect devil on the shoulder

That's the brilliant build-up that made me want so desperate to see that damn PPV.

Nearly 20 years later, its still the only 6-man HITC match.

Recently I watched, for the first time, the 2001 HITC match with Austin, Rock, Angle, Taker, Rakishi, and HHH.

Way back then, it was the PPV match I was desperate to watch, but my folks refused to pay for it. The night after I saw Angle still had the championship, and was disappointed and figured it wasn't worth watching.

Well, I watched it a few weeks ago, and it was awesome. 10/10 chaos match between six of the greatest wrestlers of that era. The storytelling was perfect, though there was so much action going on between the six men that it was obvious the director in the back was having a very hard time deciding when to cut to what action between two pairs of wrestlers.

Surprisingly, Steve Austin seemed like he had 4 minutes of screentime between the 30+ minutes, and very few standout moments in what was the only HITC match of his career.

If you guys haven't seen it, I highly recommend it, but the lowpoint was the finish. Steve Austin stunned Rock, and HHH attacked Austin before he could pin Rock, and Angle crawled over to pin Rock to win the match.

Lame.

Very very lame.

Angle hardly had any stand-out moments and didn't even hit an Angle Slam or Ankle Lock on anyone.

Hell of a match, but a shitty finish that satisfied no one.
i was surprised angle retained considering the star power in that match. taker didnt really have the belt at all during that time, but angle retaining over austin, rock, and hhh was surprising. that match was great tho, but the ending could have been way better. i would have liked an angle slam out of nowhere, maybe even off the top rope.

Jeff Hardy vs Sting.

More for actually having an outcome really, given it should have been nixed the moment Hardy staggered into the locker room...

Lesnar vs Cain's rematch.

Cain's fight IQ was terrible in match. Cain should fire his wrestling coaches.

Yoko going over on Bret at Mania 9. Especially just to give it to Hogan. Mania is where your top babyface goes over. Bret was the most over guy on the roster. Nobody gave a damn about Hulkamania in '93.

The thing I remember most is Vince driving the truck full of sawdust out and Rikishi falling backwards into it. Still don't know why that happened.
Yeah ramishi is a bitch fall to floor like a ma !

First one that comes to mind is HHH at WM2000. i was a mark for the guy at the time but that should have been Rocks moment. And it should have just been 1 on 1. Could have saved the ppv

Jeff Jarrett laying down for Hulk Hogan was just a massive WTF just happened

Not sure if mentioned but when Sting beat ddp for the belt on nitro. It was during the first hour of the show and I couldn't believe it. Then sting lost it two hours later and I was even more baffled.

A lot of old head scratchers.

Time will tell on the more recent one I'm thinking of, Wyatt finally getting over on Cena during... a weird dream world encounter where Cena literally blinked and disappeared like a vanquished video game character at the "conclusion" of. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the firefly funhouse match, but if Cena never gets that W back, kinda makes that the stupidest most unlikely outcome of all time. Literally Goldberd over Fiend and Braun over Wyatt dumb as fuck, but Cena in some kinda dreamworld match and "losing", but no follow up or even mention after the fact somehow good booking? They could have had fiend booked one more month strong then just had same WM moment and Cena doing the same job or even escaping the funhouse and an actual finish in the ring, but if they dont have him come back and at very least acknowledge that feud in some way, the biggest risk WWE had taken in a long time with massive payoff possibilities just got pissed away. I made a thread about this before, I was so excited after mania and Cena was just written out of the whole universe basically after. Booking made no sense. Maybe summer slam has him come back, I was totally disappointed by the lack of follow up.

The other recent one. McIntyre over Brock. Dont get me wrong, love the belt on Drew, but that was crazy. Drew was over as over could be kicking out of 3 F5s. 1-2-3, both guys over. Instead he had to kick out of 4 and then won the title, and now is being booked and pretty much has to be booked like hes more powerful than the Rock, Austin, Reigns and Cena rolled in one, and Lesnar looks like weak after eliminating 15 guys at the rumble easy. The fuck is that? Drew booked so strong now he's even starting to get old too quick when he is as white hot as it gets for a guy like him. Shit, he may actually become a face of the company level star they wish Reigns could be, but not with this sudden god level booking. He went from routinely jobbed henchmen who was too good for how they were using him like Cesaro, then they made him do what fucking Cena and the Rock couldn't do, then beats big show right after the championship celebration. Wow. Lesnar pretty much must've been in retirement or maybe one more run mode, that was just too much. McIntyre should have lost or gotten a small hand in the win. Now they are stuck with something that needs a little more time. Rollins could carry the title for a year right now white hot with his MNM thing, McIntyre could have been marinated longer for a more genuine result.

nj cup 2020

fucking taichi beat ibushi

Flair winning the 1992 Rumble.

Brock beating Roman at WM 34 in what amounted to a beatdown for a dead-as-can-be crowd.

Zack Ryder winning the IC title at WM 32.

Austin cheating to win the 1997 Rumble.

Back