Mat fees?

I've never been charged so far, but I make a point to contact the instructor ahead of time and ask if I can drop in

I am moving to SoCal in a few weeks and found a 10thp in Vista that only charges $5 per class. This is where that Geo Martinez dude trains, and they also break classes into 10thp stuff, then an hour of rolling, so I figure I will just jump in those.

I still charged mat fees to visitors (even if they are brown belt). You have to pay bills and stuff like that.

also, if someone is planning to come down and expect to train for free because he is a high belt, he is likely to have an ego problem.

I don't know - I wouldn't charge, I would be happy my guys get to roll with someone new and is higher belt. My gym never charges.

I don't know - I wouldn't charge, I would be happy my guys get to roll with someone new and is higher belt. My gym never charges.

different approach I guess.

I do not make a living of teaching and do not have anyone on contract.

The fees are minimum.

I am moving to SoCal in a few weeks and found a 10thp in Vista that only charges $5 per class. This is where that Geo Martinez dude trains, and they also break classes into 10thp stuff, then an hour of rolling, so I figure I will just jump in those.

Sundays are always free. You moving to Vista?

Depends. You have to charge people mat fee to keep the crowd in check if your gym is a high profile gym and locates in a touristy city otherwise you will get BJJ guys on vacation dropping in every day.

Depends. You have to charge people mat fee to keep the crowd in check if your gym is a high profile gym and locates in a touristy city otherwise you will get BJJ guys on vacation dropping in every day.

I completely understand that if you have a high profile gym it's a different ball game. I'm talking more of the mid level gym.

I completely understand that if you have a high profile gym it's a different ball game. I'm talking more of the mid level gym.

This wasn't close to a high level gym but I totally understand that. Black belt instructor, purple who didn't join in, 2 blues, and 8 whites in a small place for reference

I train free everywhere

tumblr_lmhhfbqz0i1qib9pno1_500.gif

At least $70 drop in from where I'm from

holy shit. how much is a monthly membership?

that sounds like a sweet deal.

i've payed probably average ~20$ for drop ins.

I've only seen places with $20 drop-ins, nothing less.

At my school everyone gets a free week. It doesn't matter if you are visiting from out of town or trying out the school to see if you want to join.

How do you deal with insurance?

I would like to make the school more affordable, yet there are legal obbligation the school owner and the instructor have to follow.

Back