Masvidals training discipline is similar to Haglers

Right Hook nut shot

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Hagler talks in tbe beginning of this video about isolating himself to be successful. Marvin also talks about practicing non stop similar to how Jorge constantly talks about drilling the moves over and over. Similar disciplined mentality

Very similar to when Jorge says hes recently started to cut off social media, partying and friends to be emerged in his training ever since he got back from being isolated in that Dominican
Republic tv show jungle.

It makes sense being isolated with out social media or other distractions forces you to be in the moment. Less anxiety, and Makes your brain clearer, and less dumb shit entering in your subconscious. Everytime i would study i would cut off all social media to be in the moment focused. This might be one of the keys to being a better fighter

This fight is a terrible matchup for Masvidal

Masvidal def growing in interest when dumb threads like this are made.

A lot of fighters are focused. Almost all, really.

Masvidal def growing in interest when dumb threads like this are made.

A lot of fighters are focused. Almost all, really.

Definitely some more then others buddy. You have undisciplined guys like Fernando Vargas, Ruiz and old McGregor who totally lost focus once a bit of fame hit. Its admirable for someone to be emerged in their craft no matter what

isolated focused masvidal still gets big brothered in the cage by usman

I hope its a good fight but I think Jorge is fucked.

isolated focused masvidal still gets big brothered in the cage by usman

I hope its a good fight but I think Jorge is fucked.

Good fight. Usman is a beast hard worker always composed, Masvidal is a crafty guy cant wait

Don't see how Jorge isn't partying or on social media. I was just reading a thread where he was obviously out partying and is on social media more and more. Hagler wasn't out punching guys in clubs and partying.

Hmmmmmm, sure.

Because no other fighter is hyper focused on their career

The only social media i have is sherdog.All you Fat fucks need to get off the internet and train so you can become a 6’3 265 ripped sherbro like me.

Definitely some more then others buddy. You have undisciplined guys like Fernando Vargas, Ruiz and old McGregor who totally lost focus once a bit of fame hit. Its admirable for someone to be emerged in their craft no matter what

What are you basing this on though? The stuff they say in interviews? Stephen Thomson seems very focused on his fight career but doesn't brag about it. Jimmy riviera must be focused as fuck for how shredded and skilled he is, etc. Masvidal Ijves in Miami and talks about going to the club with yoel. Someone I'd flag as an outlier as far as dedication is tony ferguson going up to big bear, or dillashaw working out in his garage. Not sure mas makes that list to me.

George is becoming more a gimmick each passing second lol

After being in the game for 16 years and finally getting his 15 minutes made this dude go all hollyweird.

When Kamaru finishes him all this fame will go. No more the Rock for him :D

War Usman!

Khabib Bless

What are you basing this on though? The stuff they say in interviews? Stephen Thomson seems very focused on his fight career but doesn't brag about it. Jimmy riviera must be focused as fuck for how shredded and skilled he is, etc. Masvidal Ijves in Miami and talks about going to the club with yoel. Someone I'd flag as an outlier as far as dedication is tony ferguson going up to big bear, or dillashaw working out in his garage. Not sure mas makes that list to me.

Masvidal used to live inside the gym. He used to say how he would wake up in the ass crack of dawn to go train. His coach even said masvidal is a workaholic who constantly drills. Difference is now he's cut the social media, shit foods , and bad friends. There are a lot of fighters who are very disciplined like the ones u said, but i am comparing Haglers mentality to Masvidal because when you hear them speak their philosophy is very similar. Of course other fighters are extremely disciplined aswell.

I'm already bored of all the Masvidal hype he said 3 piece and a cola or whatever and beat Askren and from there it's been the UFC trying to make him into the new "bad boy" of mma and to be honest it seems manufactured and fake. I get it, I know who he is, the kinda stuff he says, and everything else. Try to work with some new guys instead, and if he loses to Usman he's going back to being underground and the UFC will drop him like a hot potato.

Madvidal can’t spend 5 minutes out of the public eye before he wants to smash some homie

I'm already bored of all the Masvidal hype he said 3 piece and a cola or whatever and beat Askren and from there it's been the UFC trying to make him into the new "bad boy" of mma and to be honest it seems manufactured and fake. I get it, I know who he is, the kinda stuff he says, and everything else. Try to work with some new guys instead, and if he loses to Usman he's going back to being underground and the UFC will drop him like a hot potato.
Calling him fake, but here you are pretending to not know that line lol. The fact that you have this much to say about him confirms that he's doing his job well.

Back