Masvidal would have been rocked by Nate

TheHotorious

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If the ref didn’t stop the fight or if Nate’s face wasn’t out of shape. We need a rematch for sure. How interesting that would be but sadly he’s done

edit: I don’t mean Nate is done in a literal sense, what I mean is his “face” is somewhat done. Damaged scar tissue, higher chance of his fights getting stopped due to dumb refs. Nate is not done, not close.

Last edited:
Nate showed last night he can still scrap, he ain’t done. I am happy to see him fight these hype trains and expose and derail them for the top 5’s to finish

If he proved anything last night it's that it ain't over till it's over. Nate has the heart, chin, cardio and skills to take over in the 4th and 5th rounds even if he's getting murked. Masvidal is a better fighter but he's not that kind of machine. I don't care what you say, that Masvidal fight wasn't over.

If the ref didn’t stop the fight or if Nate’s face wasn’t out of shape. We need a rematch for sure. How interesting that would be but sadly he’s done
Nate vs great strikers is great because unfortunately he is a punching bag who strikes back when you're tired. Makes for great matchups. I remember the days when nate was sherdogs greatest boxer who could beat anyone standing. When in actual fact he is terrible and relies on a granite chin and insane cardio for wins.

Jorge beat Nate pillar to post for 2 rounds. In round 3 Nate had little success, but Jorge probably would've been good for the rest of the fight and comfortably win IMO.

While Nate was being beat soundly against Edwards, he didn't batter Nate like Jorge.

If he proved anything last night it's that it ain't over till it's over. Nate has the heart, chin, cardio and skills to take over in the 4th and 5th rounds even if he's getting murked. Masvidal is a better fighter but he's not that kind of machine. I don't care what you say, that Masvidal fight wasn't over.
Nope, it was not. Especially since Masvidal even said himself that he was tired and Nate had already started having some success on the feet in the 3rd.

There’s some who believe that anyone even acknowledging the idea that those last 2 rounds were likely to be very interesting is a retard.

Even though I guarantee, if you asked a room full of the greatest minds in the sport, analysts, fighters, etc.. the vast majority would largely agree. Especially after tonight.

Some people just see what they want to see and logic goes out the window

Honestly though the rematch makes a lot of sense now. They're both at the end of their careers and they're probably done competing for titles.

Nate vs great strikers is great because unfortunately he is a punching bag who strikes back when you're tired. Makes for great matchups. I remember the days when nate was sherdogs greatest boxer who could beat anyone standing. When in actual fact he is terrible and relies on a granite chin and insane cardio for wins.
Nate is a very good boxer but it’s predominantly on the inside / close range where he’s most dangerous. He excels in the phone booth as Cruz would say and his style can be very smothering, especially when combined with the pace / forward pressure he can implement and the fact that he’s likely to walk through any shot you throw.

Historically the counter to the Diaz bro style has always been distance, movement, back off the cage and keeping the fight on the outside. As we seen from Condit, Thomson, even Conor. Roberto Duran was actually telling Mas when he walked out to avoid the inside.

The Diaz bros have an interesting style in that the strategy / gameplan for beating them is relatively straight forward, but they can still be a tough fight for almost anyone because of their unique set of attributes. Always a wild card factor there.

Is this what Diaz fans do now? Make up scenarios as to ways Diaz "shoulda, woulda, coulda" won a fight he lost.

You can do that for every fighter who's ever fought.

Diaz lost, get over it. He had his one opportunity to finish the fight and instead of going after an obviously wobbled Edwards, he resorted to pointing and smiling at him.

Diaz better pray McGregor loses so they can do their trilogy fight for a big purse and bounce.

Nope, it was not. Especially since Masvidal even said himself that he was tired and Nate had already started having some success on the feet in the 3rd.

There’s some who believe that anyone even acknowledging the idea that those last 2 rounds were likely to be very interesting is a retard.

Even though I guarantee, if you asked a room full of the greatest minds in the sport, analysts, fighters, etc.. the vast majority would largely agree. Especially after tonight.

Some people just see what they want to see and logic goes out the window
Thank you!

To act like it was all over when we've actually seen Nate make runs against Conor and Leon after rough starts I think is just hating. Yes he lost 2 of those fights but he was inches away from a comeback victory. Not saying it's likely he would've beat Masvidal but there's a decent chance those rounds would've been very interesting.

I used to think of that fight continued Nate would’ve maybe won the rounds but probably lost the fight, however, it’s possible Mate could have gotten a finish, it’s a shame that he doesn’t really go for the kill anymore he nearly had Leon out of there with a TKO finish, the guy who Sherdog says has pillow hands just managed to nearly knockout a top contender.

Is this what Diaz fans do now? Make up scenarios as to ways Diaz "shoulda, woulda, coulda" won a fight he lost.

You can do that for every fighter who's ever fought.

Diaz lost, get over it. He had his one opportunity to finish the fight and instead of going after an obviously wobbled Edwards, he resorted to pointing and smiling at him.

Diaz better pray McGregor loses so they can do their trilogy fight for a big purse and bounce.
i don’t deny he lost. Does that make you happy?

Mas was destroying Nate the whole fight. He was landing whatever he wanted to. If Mas got rocked like in your dream scenario then he likely would have survived like Edwards did. Also that cut should never have had the fight stopped but it definitely was one that could have been made worse by Mas who literally couldn't miss.

Nate is a small step above a punching bag. And he was getting worked again for 95% of the fight until he landed the one good combo that he has in his arsenal. The only thing this fight showed me is that Edward's will struggle against the top WWs because he is a point fighter. Him going 5 rds with Cowboy should have been warning enough.

Mas was destroying Nate the whole fight. He was landing whatever he wanted to. If Mas got rocked like in your dream scenario then he likely would have survived like Edwards did. Also that cut should never have had the fight stopped but it definitely was one that could have been made worse by Mas who literally couldn't miss.

Nate is a small step above a punching bag. And he was getting worked again for 95% of the fight until he landed the one good combo that he has in his arsenal. The only thing this fight showed me is that Edward's will struggle against the top WWs because he is a point fighter. Him going 5 rds with Cowboy should have been warning enough.
It had to be stopped. The skin on his right eye was near to falling out, it was that serious and disgusting at the same time.

Back