Masvidal VS McGregor... Who wins? [POLL]

Masvidal VS McGregor

• Total voters
Masvidal TKO in round 2, Conor wilts and gasses against him

Honestly depends on weight, I think conor is too much on the feet for him. I know everyone is on the Jorge train, but he is 2 and 2 in his last 4. He looked ok vs till, got the ko when till got sloppy, but it's not like he wasn't getting hit. Can judge much by the Ben fight with it being so short. I like Jorge and have rooted for him be4 a lot, just don't think he could hang at 155 with conors speed and accuracy.

McG's got a puncher's chance if he throws hard and accepts that he will gas

If he fights to last the full 5, he doesn't even have a puncher's chance because Masvidal won't be KO'd and will outwork him anyway.

I could see McG winning a round or two but I would be very, very surprised to see him win this. But I've been surprised a lot of times, like the rest of us.
Masvidal all day, and I like Conor. He would have a chance, but he doesnt have that crazy 1 shot power at 170 and he hasent been active
He went 5 with Nate at 170 and Mas won't be able to tire him the way Nate did.

Specifically because against a Diaz bro you have to constantly move, create space and avoid allowing them on the inside, at close range where they can take over the momentum of a fight with their pressure, volume, combinations. Moving out of harms way like that constantly against a bigger opponent is extremely tiring.

Conversely, Masvidal predominantly fights at range where Conor is also excels. Conor would have far more intelligent control of energy utilization compared with Nate and more or less ability to dictate where the fight takes place

The technical elements of the fight and how they matchup are another argument, but I could see Conor playing a chess match last range on the feet for 5 rounds against that type of opponent. If it came to that.

Conor would toy with Masvidal at 155 if he's anywhere near that Conor we watched a couple of years ago. People forget so easily. I wish that Floyd fight never happened. It all changed from there.

At lw mcgregor would embarass jorge honestly, at ww i'm not sure, big mcgregor has just 1 round of gas tank, not enough probably.

The way he did Diaz, who is slower, can’t kick and has weak wrestling?

Masvidal would smash him, and Conor would never fight him anyway he owns no belt and not a big enough reputation.

Anyone who says Conor is deluded and fanboying hard. Mas has a wicked chin and a ton of heart. He also scrambles his ass off when he gets dropped.

Comparing Conor's power to Tills is silly. Till is the biggest welterweight in the organization. He's damn near a middleweight. Conor's power hasn't shown to translate at all. Even when Jorge eats shots he sees them coming, he's remarkably calm in fire fights. When till dropped him he was smiling before his ass hit the ground. I don't see conor landing that left enough times to hurt Masvidal and Conor engaging in firefights in the pocket with Jorge like he did with nate is a bad idea because Masvidal isn't going to throw light, light, hard like Diaz does. He has the power to catch and hurt conor right off the bat.

Conor's left is always a good equalizer but Jorge has better fundamental boxing skill in my opinion. He also doesn't fade. Go watch the combo he knocked till out with. Absolutely beautiful. There's more to boxing than slipping a shot on a shorter fighter and countering with a straight left. That's Conor's bread and butter. Masvidal is exceptional at slowly adding one more piece to the puzzle in a way that most don't understand. Watch how he read cerrone, adapted and then slept him. Watch how he started to throw the combo on till in the first round. The knockout vs till was in motion for 3 minutes, most just didn't notice. He threw it multiple times before and when he saw Till finally really bite on it he switched stances as till expected the combo to finish and hit him with a hellacious shot. From a technical standpoint it was impeccable

I think Masvidal matches conor Standing in every department. See prince Naseem vs MAB to get a better idea of what I mean. If you say their standup is a wash and cancels out, Masvidal is bigger, stronger, meaner, hits harder, and doesn't fade. He's also not rusty and a much better overall grappler than Conor. Even if he doesn't sub Conor he will out position him all day

5 round fight Masvidal has conor panic shooting by the 3rd and subs or tkos him. Conor rolls with punches great while he's fresh but then just defense goes out the fucking window as soon as he can't hurt what he's swinging at. Masvidal is about it. Conor isn't.

Beating a midget in Eddie and eeking out a split against nate is Conor's best line of work recently. Masvidal knocked cerrone, Till and Askren out in the same time frame.

I'd legit fear for Conor if he took this fight and ran his mouth. Masvidal damn near killed Askren for pretty mild trash talk. Some guys fight poorly when emotional aka Aldo. Masvidal showed Saturday night that he keeps his strategy and IQ even when he's pissed off
well said

Don't think you even understand the differences in context in the slightest

Learn some basics then get back to me

well said
way too simplistic to be taken that seriously

There are layers to a fight like this which that guy is only really scratching the surface of

He didn't break down a single thing Conor actually does on the feet all while praising Jorge, which basically says to me that it's heavily biased as well.

I love Jorge and clearly don't doubt his ability or that he can win

But few people are actually honest / unbiased enough to objectively break down Conors skill set which effectively makes their analysis incomplete and often way off

The way he did Diaz, who is slower, can’t kick and has weak wrestling?
Nate comes against conor in the best shape of his career after a spectacular performance against Johnson that, by the way, was the last guy that beat Ferguson and, KTFO the actual lw interim champ Poirier not too much time ago.

...Masvidal is not a wrestler...

Don't think you even understand the differences in context in the slightest

Learn some basics then get back to me

tenor.gif

Stop posting while intoxicated sir.

With Masvidal calling McGregor out, and the news garnering considerable headlines...

Who do you think would win this fight?

My heart's with Masvidal, but I know that Conor does well against emotional fighters. I think Conor finds a way to get into Masvidal's head for sure, and may be able to lure Masvidal into making a big mistake like Conor did against Aldo.

Either way, it would definitely be interesting: From the pre-fight, the media, the pressers, and most importantly: the fight itself.

Who you got sherbros?
What weight class? Connor wins at 155, Jorge at 170

Masvidal beat any version of McGregor'. the proof is in the fact that mcg would never take that fight just because He knows well enough how Masvidal is a very bad match up for him.

Oh and by the way, there's no such thing as 155 mcg or 170 mcg blah blah. That's all BS. He has nothing for Masvidal. Period

Last edited:
It’s rather self explanatory and it’s clear you just don’t understand.
If you don't want to attempt to explain your weird attempt at humor stop replying, no one will notice....

If you don't want to attempt to explain your weird attempt at humor stop replying, no one will notice....
It’s ok.

A8phAnJEDAs8038v8UgzIQyucXPNLNGz9dhJibRgt4OlI0q6oQONUHmiYLjr0BUIQAOnjufrMoZbF-ikW1WH_oxcQjPehMTSXuOoVstvZA=w500-h251-nc

I can’t help your stupidity.

I didn’t think what I said was too complex but it appears to be for you.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-13_10-5-0.gif
    upload_2019-7-13_10-5-0.gif
    693.9 KB · Views: 3
Back