Masvidal VS McGregor... Who wins? [POLL]

Masvidal VS McGregor

• Total voters
With Masvidal calling McGregor out, and the news garnering considerable headlines...

Who do you think would win this fight?

My heart's with Masvidal, but I know that Conor does well against emotional fighters. I think Conor finds a way to get into Masvidal's head for sure, and may be able to lure Masvidal into making a big mistake like Conor did against Aldo.

Either way, it would definitely be interesting: From the pre-fight, the media, the pressers, and most importantly: the fight itself.

Who you got sherbros?

I think the mind games don’t work on real street guys like Maz. That talk was meaningless against Nate and likely would be the same against Maz.

I favor Maz everywhere besides his kicking, the rust won’t help Conor either. Mas by 2nd round sleeping

I'll pick against Conor against a strong submission grappler with decent stand-up. However I just can't pick against him against another striker. He's basically passed every test in that area. I'm sorry but I don't think gamebread is the caliber of striker that Jose or Max or Dustin are... He's got the one punch ko and Conor does get hit but I think Conor would beat him to the punch.

That said, if it was Conor's next fight I would probably pick street jesus because Conor's had 2 long layoffs, a lot of personal issues and was dominated in defeat by Khabib. There is no telling where he is at mentally or physically at this point. If he has a warm up fight and shows he's still himself then easy picking Conor IMO.

Anyone who says Conor is deluded and fanboying hard. Mas has a wicked chin and a ton of heart. He also scrambles his ass off when he gets dropped.

Comparing Conor's power to Tills is silly. Till is the biggest welterweight in the organization. He's damn near a middleweight. Conor's power hasn't shown to translate at all. Even when Jorge eats shots he sees them coming, he's remarkably calm in fire fights. When till dropped him he was smiling before his ass hit the ground. I don't see conor landing that left enough times to hurt Masvidal and Conor engaging in firefights in the pocket with Jorge like he did with nate is a bad idea because Masvidal isn't going to throw light, light, hard like Diaz does. He has the power to catch and hurt conor right off the bat.

Conor's left is always a good equalizer but Jorge has better fundamental boxing skill in my opinion. He also doesn't fade. Go watch the combo he knocked till out with. Absolutely beautiful. There's more to boxing than slipping a shot on a shorter fighter and countering with a straight left. That's Conor's bread and butter. Masvidal is exceptional at slowly adding one more piece to the puzzle in a way that most don't understand. Watch how he read cerrone, adapted and then slept him. Watch how he started to throw the combo on till in the first round. The knockout vs till was in motion for 3 minutes, most just didn't notice. He threw it multiple times before and when he saw Till finally really bite on it he switched stances as till expected the combo to finish and hit him with a hellacious shot. From a technical standpoint it was impeccable

I think Masvidal matches conor Standing in every department. See prince Naseem vs MAB to get a better idea of what I mean. If you say their standup is a wash and cancels out, Masvidal is bigger, stronger, meaner, hits harder, and doesn't fade. He's also not rusty and a much better overall grappler than Conor. Even if he doesn't sub Conor he will out position him all day

5 round fight Masvidal has conor panic shooting by the 3rd and subs or tkos him. Conor rolls with punches great while he's fresh but then just defense goes out the fucking window as soon as he can't hurt what he's swinging at. Masvidal is about it. Conor isn't.

Beating a midget in Eddie and eeking out a split against nate is Conor's best line of work recently. Masvidal knocked cerrone, Till and Askren out in the same time frame.

I'd legit fear for Conor if he took this fight and ran his mouth. Masvidal damn near killed Askren for pretty mild trash talk. Some guys fight poorly when emotional aka Aldo. Masvidal showed Saturday night that he keeps his strategy and IQ even when he's pissed off

Last edited:
Slight edge in grappling and cardio? Wow another filthy casual

Well significant advantage in cardio, slight edge in grappling. Conor isn't some white belt like you plebs make him out to be, his defensive grappling is on point. Masvidal isn't going to just take Conor down and maul him, it will be contested on the feet.

Well significant advantage in cardio, slight edge in grappling. Conor isn't some white belt like you plebs make him out to be, his defensive grappling is on point. Masvidal is going to just take Conor down and maul him, it will be contested on the feet.

Lol all of his losses by submission. Outstanding defensive grappling...

Anyone who says Conor is deluded and fanboying hard. Mas has a wicked chin and a ton of heart. He also scrambles his ass off when he gets dropped.

Comparing Conor's power to Tills is silly. Till is the biggest welterweight in the organization. He's damn near a middleweight. Conor's power hasn't shown to translate at all.

Conor's left is always a good equalizer but Jorge has better fundamental boxing skill in my opinion. He also doesn't fade. Go watch the combo he knocked till out with. Absolutely beautiful.

5 round fight Masvidal has conor panic shooting by the 3rd and subs or tkos him.

Beating a midget in Eddie and eeking out a split against nate is Conor's best line of work recently. Masvidal knocked cerrone, Till and Askren out in the same time frame

White belt poster, black belt post. Accurate on all points. Well done, mate.

These cunts who call themselves fanboys should actually study the sport and the fighters.

Doesnt matter. Conor would never waste his time fighting Mas. Mas is a nobody compared to Conor.

but if for some reason he did, yea Mas would win.

Conor's washed up. He would even lose to Holloway at this point let alone against Masvidal.

I don't think there's any noticable size difference btw. Mas is 182 at WW. Conor is 171 at LW. They would be within a few pounds at WW.

At WW Conor weights no more than 167-171 lbs in the cage with a full belly.

Without a doubt if he connects, he has power. With him it's also precision, he knows how to angle to hit the perfect spot.

Precisely.
Hah, pun.

But yeah a lot of guys drill and learn how to throw punches. Then they learn how to gauge the distance and step in and throw it. And good strikers learn the right punch to counter their opponents offense.

Conor does all that but then he also has the patience and awareness to not just throw the right shot but do it with his eyes wide open and on the target, aiming the whole way in.

Now that obviously wasn't the case against Khabib because he just couldn't get off his ass. Khabib smesh.

Lol all of his losses by submission. Outstanding defensive grappling...

So that means his grappling sucks ? The only two in recent times to submit him are a second degree BJJ black belt who couldn't replicate it a second time and arguably the best offensive grappler at LW in Khabib. Conors grappling is competent, you jizz stains think because someone gets controlled or submitted by an elite grappler they're a white belt...it's embarrassing.

These cunts who call themselves fanboys should actually study the sport and the fighters.

I actually was adding to it when you responded. Go read it now. I Cleaned it up a little bit

Did that not happen or am I missing something?

OpenPartialGuineapig-size_restricted.gif

Oh it did happen. If this fight is at 155 Conor wins this, 170 Jorge probably wins.
Comparing Darren Till to Conor is so strange. Someone who weighed 200lbs tagged him while he was also off balance lol and still couldn't finish him.

Anyways, he got hit with that left after and ate it. Jorge has one of the best chins + recovery in the sport.

At 155 it's still Jorge's fight to lose. He can take Conor down and beat him to shit if he wants to. He can tap him out if he wants to. He can beat him on the feet if he wants to. Conor is Conor. He's the first double champ in the UFC. He beat Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, but Masvidal is not a good matchup for him because his one path to victory can be nullified [the boxing battle could look like Prince Naseem vs Barrera if you're a boxing fan like the avy suggests], once that happens what is Conor gonna do?

These cunts who call themselves fanboys should actually study the sport and the fighters.[/QUOTE

It's my Muay Thai coach who wrote that he was showing me some golden era Thai boxing fights and I happened to be on here so I asked his opinion.

He is quite good at breaking the fights down especially standing. I'll tell him to make an account on here

Comparing Darren Till to Conor is so strange. Someone who weighed 200lbs tagged him while he was also off balance lol and still couldn't finish him.

Anyways, he got hit with that left after and ate it. Jorge has one of the best chins + recovery in the sport.

At 155 it's still Jorge's fight to lose. He can take Conor down and beat him to shit if he wants to. He can tap him out if he wants to. He can beat him on the feet if he wants to. Conor is Conor. He's the first double champ in the UFC. He beat Jose Aldo in 13 seconds, but Masvidal is not a good matchup for him because his one path to victory can be nullified [the boxing battle could look like Prince Naseem vs Barrera if you're a boxing fan like the avy suggests], once that happens what is Conor gonna do?
Literally every aspect of this analysis is embarrassingly wrong and casual level

So that means his grappling sucks ? The only two in recent times to submit him are a second degree BJJ black belt who couldn't replicate it a second time and arguably the best offensive grappler at LW in Khabib. Conors grappling is competent, you jizz stains think because someone gets controlled or submitted by an elite grappler they're a white belt...it's embarrassing.
He's a solid brown. Defensively and positionally he's very competent and quite underrated. People who suggest otherwise probably don't or haven't grappled. It is what it is tho.

Everyone wants to paints a certain narrative when it comes to Conor, actual technical data is largely ignored. Him having shit wrestling, no grappling and cardio is just the low hanging fruit.

McGregor via 13 second knock out. Darren Till nearly KO'd Masvidal within the first 10 seconds of their fight, Conor will finish the job this time.

Conor-MCGregor.png

Bless
Masvidal would murder that little leprechaun bum, it wouldn't even be close.

Back