Masvidal vs. Askren set for UFC 239

Who wins?

• Total voters
Big fan of both guys but I think Ben quiets down the buzz Jorge has going right now. Wanted to see different match ups for these guys.

Please Masvidal pull this off and win

I am your loyal fan for a decade or so. You can do this. Get yourself a title shot. Take care of your family and gambling addiction. You can DO THIS. Your brother from another mother Yoel would be proud. Your 3 kids and Colby would be proud. Genghis would be proud. YOU CAN DO THIS.

Let that Cuban rage get out and destroy. Don’t be trigger shy like in some fights. This is it m8.

I love you

Shitty matchup. How you don't do Jorge vs leon after their incident Is dumb. Better matchup also. Now we get to see Jorge rode for three rounds.

Gamebred can use Leon as a comeback fight after Ben takes him to funky town. Its actually perfect if you think about it.

Wow is Askren still this overrated after getting starched by Lawler? Masvidal is going to smoke him.

yeah not a good fight for Masvidal.. he had no answers for Maia on the ground.

Then what would leon gain? Dude is on like a 5 fight winning streak . That would Mean Jorge would of won 1 fight in the last 2 and a half years and going 1 -3 in last 4. Doesn't make sense then. Should of done it while jorge is coming off a hot knockout. TBH I don't even think a win over Jorge does anything for askren .

Jorge is a big name and he's coming off a KO of another big name. Despite his win streak no one knows or really cares about Leon. If Leon wants to get respect he needs to fight some big names and no matter how many times Gamebred loses he's still going to be a step up and a big win for Leon.

Leon has nothing better to do, he can wait.

Masvidal doesn't get credit for how good his TDD is. And Askren is abnormally physically weak for how good of a wrestler he is. Against elite fighters he has zero physical presence and mostly just clings onto people until they get tired from tossing him around so much.

Even though he's one of the best grapplers in MMA ever, I can't see this fight going any other way than Askren getting bruised up and slept or TKO'd.
Zorro knows, this bums voting on askren Will gonna cry

Masvidal is going to surprise a lot of people, if this fight truly materializes. His defensive wrestling and takedown defense is soo underrated.

It's been 6 years since that has happened. Hopefully he improved a lot

Too big of a gap.
He won't be able to handle Olympic wrestling with Marcelo Garcia BJJ.

I’m really digging Askrens top game, and I don’t see how Masvidal is gonna deal with it. Askren blasted through Aokis guard easily with ground and pound and finished him in under a minute, and the way he recovered from almost getting murdered against Lawler, obtained a dominant position and locked on a fight ending bulldog choke in the same round shows just how talented he is. Yes you can say the fight was stopped early and Lawler wasn’t out and all that, I get that it puts a huge asterisk next to Askren’s win because it plants a “what if?” However! It doesn’t discredit the fact that Askren did face huge adversity and got passed it and put Lawler in a very bad place all in the span of one round. That deserves some credit, and the haters can’t deny that deep down.

Anyways, With Askrens chin, heart, wrestling, well rounded grappling in general, and relentlessness, it’s not a difficult pick for me. Masvidal could catch him on the feet, but I don’t see him sprawling and brawling this one. He will likely have a funky time in there and it will prove to be too difficult to overcome this time.

After he wins Ben says:
Go home and practice wrasslin'

Let’s flash back to one year ago, for educational purposes.

Masvidal brought Askren and his delusional followers back to Earth. Then Maia sent him home.

Hey @Mixedfights

I hope you like crow...
53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg

Ben is going to impregnate Jorge and then Funkamania is coming for the strap !!

LOL oh just LOL

oh god , this guy who’s doesn’t know shit about wrestling is talking again . Masvidal tripods , Ben specializes in neutralizing it , the fact you haven’t countered that argument yet shows you just talk out your ass . Wrestlers love askren but guess what wrestlers know way more about fighting than you do . Askren -225 suck it .

Tell me more about fighting.

Reading this thread is pretty hilarious.

Back