Masvidal vs. Askren set for UFC 239

Who wins?

• Total voters
Askren is just too much on the ground for Masvidal. Have you guys seen Colby wrestling Masvidal in a house?

That's a wild Main Cain card

Jon Jones x Thiago Santos
Amanda Nunes x Holly Holm
Junior Dos Santos x Francis Ngannou
Luke Rockhold x Jan Blachowicz
Jorge Masvidal x Ben Askren

stacked af
as pride events used to be
<{ohyeah}>

Masvidal does have decent take down defense but that will almost certainly not be enough for him to win. If Maia was able to basically nullify Jorge’s striking, Askren likely can too. Hoping Masvidal wins, I loved how he finished Till.

<{yahyou}> Yes it is. And I take you to school everyday, son.

we're already in a sig bet, idiot.

No it's not school...its an internet forum. You're probably some 16 year old with underwear skid marks.

You didn't put up your AV/Sig idiot.

Anyways, state you are putting up your AV/Sig or I'm done talking with you. I don't know why you keep bumping this shit anyways. I took a screenshot of this thread so I could troll you when you're wrong. Fuckin Ben 1 legit win (his next IF he wins)and gets a TS? At WW? LOL...fuckin asinine.

Last edited:
oh god , this guy who’s doesn’t know shit about wrestling is talking again . Masvidal tripods , Ben specializes in neutralizing it , the fact you haven’t countered that argument yet shows you just talk out your ass . Wrestlers love askren but guess what wrestlers know way more about fighting than you do . Askren -225 suck it .

‘Masvidal tripods’ is not an argument sherdork. You are speculating about one position in a fight with a thousand possible scenarios. And again, this is an MMA fight. There might very well be no wrestling if your hero is at the end of another 26-0 beating straight out of the gate.

Ben-Askren-UFC-235-octagon-interview.jpg

Askren is just too much on the ground for Masvidal. Have you guys seen Colby wrestling Masvidal in a house?

Get this: playwrestling in a cramped condo is not the same as an MMA fight in a big cage. Also, this was years ago.

This is a stylistic nightmare match up for Mas. Don't get me wrong, he's a live dog in any/every fight he's in. But this to me, is probably his most difficult fight at 170 for him outside maybe Usman/Tyron.

Bendo and Maia might have struggled, but they still won. And so will Askren. Mas finds ways to lose competitive fights. Everyone is really high on him because of recency bias and the sensational win he just had.

Well, I’m not going to try to convince you. Just stating my position for future reference.

Terrible match for Masvidal.
Does nothing for him and presents him with his biggest weakness.

But I'll still root for Masvidal.

Maybe not physical strength. But there's a difference when Askren gets a hold of people, than say Maia or Khabib. That difference is what I'm talking about. We've seen people just sling him around like we've never seen people do to other grapplers.
Lawler and Santos wouldn't come close to lifting someone like Usman off his feet.

It could be age. A Prime Askren, like who we saw against Koreshkov or Lima. That one I would favor against Masvidal.

What you are referring to is leverage. Askren doesn't utilize leverage as Khabib and Maia does. He is really strong though.

Mas is gonna besmirch that fat curly headed fuck

It's absolutely hilarious that Leon Edwards ate that 3 piece and Soda for nothing now that this fight has been booked.

This is a stylistic nightmare match up for Mas. Don't get me wrong, he's a live dog in any/every fight he's in. But this to me, is probably his most difficult fight at 170 for him outside maybe Usman/Tyron.

Usman and Tyron can both strike, and both have decent awareness when it comes to defending strikes. Askren is a Ronda-level punching bag as long as he is standing. That’s a pretty massive difference. Even Maia is levels above Askren in those areas.

PS: Masvidal would toy with Woodley Rory-style. He will not lose to a wrestle-boxer who is so concerned with gassing that he is afraid to wrestle, and can barely muster 10 strikes per round.

No it's not school...its an internet forum. You're probably some 16 year old with underwear skid marks.

You didn't put up your AV/Sig idiot.

Anyways, state you are putting up your AV/Sig or I'm done talking with you. I don't know why you keep bumping this shit anyways. I took a screenshot of this thread so I could troll you when you're wrong. Fuckin Ben 1 legite a win (his next IF he wins)and gets a TS? At WW? LOL...fuckin asinine.

<RawexDidThis1>take a screen shot of yourself crying and having a melt down ITT, you irrelevant dolt.

We're coming for the strap, all we need you to do is continue to is embarrass yourself with your comments on this forum.

Jones besmirches Santos, and WMMA is a joke.

Main Event: Francis-JDS
Co Main: Askren-Masvidal

Will Askren shit talk fight week and get slapped?

Askren's going to get his wig knocked off.

Back