Masvidal vs. Askren set for UFC 239

Who wins?

• Total voters
Askren by decision I think, 30-27

I’d argue that Askren is abnormally strong, he just plods forward and sticks onto guys (strong guys like Robbie) and methodically drags them down

Now a days its just when they're tired. Against Lawler, he just looked too easy to hit and bully around. Lawler at this stage in his career isn't supposed to do that to people considering he just got bullied by RDA who is a career lightweight.

Hearts wants Masvidal, brain says Askren.
Great matchup, nevertheless.

Now a days its just when they're tired. Against Lawler, he just looked too easy to hit and bully around. Lawler at this stage in his career isn't supposed to do that to people considering he just got bullied by RDA who is a career lightweight.
Rda fight is a bad example to use to gauge Lawler though .he blew his knee right away. Lesser men quit that fight in the first round. Robbie being as tough as he is stayed in it and went the distance

Leon is ranked and it's a much better matchup and more of a winnable fight than askten. Plus people would more likely to see it given the altercation they had.
I don't think masvidal is the kind of guy who picks fights by what's gonna be easiest. Secondly if he can beat askren he might get a title shot. If he loses, the fight with Edwards is still there and the interest will still be there.

Masvidal doesn't get credit for how good his TDD is. And Askren is abnormally physically weak for how good of a wrestler he is. Against elite fighters he has zero physical presence and mostly just clings onto people until they get tired from tossing him around so much.

Even though he's one of the best grapplers in MMA ever, I can't see this fight going any other way than Askren getting bruised up and slept or TKO'd.
Maia who is nothing like Ben with takedowns got a couple of Masvidal
Long story short,Askren will wrestlefuck him.

Masvidal was able to survive maia for 3 rounds and lost by split. Askren has worse striking than maia. So i think Masvidal could win by decision

I’ll be rooting for Masvidal but won’t mind Askren winning.

If Maia was able to get him down a few times I think askren should be able to and hold him there long enough to win 2/3 rounds

Hey @Mixedfights

I hope you like crow...
53498212_6d5d00f6f4.jpg

Ben is going to impregnate Jorge and then Funkamania is coming for the strap !!

Fool....he's not getting a title shot after his next win. Theres plenty of other ppl ahead of him. Your dumb.

Tough to bet on an undersized WW with inconsistent power against Askren. On the other hand, Masvidal usually deals well with grapplers. I don't remember him ever getting straight up wrestlefucked. Id favor 70-30 Ben, rooting for Jorge though.

Askren will rag doll him but rooting for a 3 piece with a soda within seconds of the fight

Damn I didn't want Masvidal to take this fight as I think he loses. Rooting for Masvidal but fully expect Askren to win

It's not officially set for UFC 239. Both fighters want it, but the UFC has not agreed yet.

ESPN better figure their s*** out before this one. I dont want any more freezes and loss of stream.

Back