Masvidal vs. Askren set for UFC 239

Who wins?

• Total voters

Carl Sonnen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Masvidal vs. Askren set for UFC 239. It looks like Askren's callouts worked. Who do you like in this one, Sherdog? Does Askren wrassle Masvidal down, or does Masvidal give Askren the three piece with a soda?

Edit: Maybe mods can add a poll?

Last edited:
I love Jorge but I gotta hand it to Funky on this one

Think its going to be Askren, hope its Masvidal.

giphy.gif

This should be a great fight. I'm going for Masivdal on this one. Big fight for him. A W puts him one fight away from a championship fight

This card is fucking stacked. Even though the main event appears to be a squash match, even though we are tired of Holly fighting for gold...

Masvidal doesn't get credit for how good his TDD is. And Askren is abnormally physically weak for how good of a wrestler he is. Against elite fighters he has zero physical presence and mostly just clings onto people until they get tired from tossing him around so much.

Even though he's one of the best grapplers in MMA ever, I can't see this fight going any other way than Askren getting bruised up and slept or TKO'd.

Masvidal doesn't get credit for how good his TDD is. And Askren is abnormally physically weak for how good of a wrestler he is. Against elite fighters he has zero physical presence and mostly just clings onto people until they get tired from tossing him around so much.

Even though he's one of the best grapplers in MMA ever, I can't see this fight going any other way than Askren getting bruised up and slept or TKO'd.
Abnormally physically weak? You're drunk <36>

Maybe not physical strength. But there's a difference when Askren gets a hold of people, than say Maia or Khabib. That difference is what I'm talking about. We've seen people just sling him around like we've never seen people do to other grapplers.
Lawler and Santos wouldn't come close to lifting someone like Usman off his feet.

It could be age. A Prime Askren, like who we saw against Koreshkov or Lima. That one I would favor against Masvidal.

I’d argue that Askren is abnormally strong, he just plods forward and sticks onto guys (strong guys like Robbie) and methodically drags them down

That's a wild Main Cain card

Jon Jones x Thiago Santos
Amanda Nunes x Holly Holm
Junior Dos Santos x Francis Ngannou
Luke Rockhold x Jan Blachowicz
Jorge Masvidal x Ben Askren

But but, Masvidal is scared of fighting anyone in the cage, only in the streets. According to Sherdog.

Seriously, you new fans don't even know how legit the term anytime, anyone, anywhere term goes and you newer fans only got a glimpse of it lately from Masvidal.

Old school mentality in MMA is diminishing and only a few new breed fighters are still continuing the tradition.

Hopeing Masvidal wills, Lawler beats Woodly and then we get Lawler/Masvidal for some premium violence

Back