Masvidal V.S. Ferguson

Lateralus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
This is the real BMF fight.
Hope we get to see this fight some day whether it be at 155 or 170, it would be The JBG's wet dream.
I'd said Ferguson by submission after wearing down Masvidal after a few rounds, but would be a war none the less.
What say you Sherdog?

McGoat KOs both
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Masvidal fighter boxing but that's his only edge. Tony more diverse striking, better cardio, better grappler.

Masvidal would likely land on Tony but yeah would favor Tony to take over as the fight went on with volume and pace.

Masvidal fighter boxing but that's his only edge. Tony more diverse striking, better cardio, better grappler.

Masvidal would likely land on Tony but yeah would favor Tony to take over as the fight went on with volume and pace.
I beg to differ. His edge isn't just boxing. His kicks are better, his head movement is better. Better clinch game too and tdd. Tony is superior in all other aspects though. Elbows, knees, subs, sub defence, ground defence, pace etc. It'd be a good fight. Wouldn't pick either. Too close imo

I'd love to see that fight, good matchup.

McGoat KOs both
{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

LMAO Conor nuthuggers aren't annoying anymore. It's kinda cute now.

Good for you! Keep on believing brother!

I beg to differ. His edge isn't just boxing. His kicks are better, his head movement is better. Better clinch game too and tdd. Tony is superior in all other aspects though. Elbows, knees, subs, sub defence, ground defence, pace etc. It'd be a good fight. Wouldn't pick either. Too close imo

I include head movement in boxing I guess. Kicks yeah I suppose but again I just sort of went with overall striking.

Very interesting fight. I would say that the crafty Masvidal would expose Ferguson striking ( like Pettis did).
Ferguson is very good, but I would bet on Masvidal by late 1st round TKO

Like Ferguson vs Vanata, but with a finish by Masvidal

I'd give masvidal the edge, because of his overall better striking, and striking defense. Also, he has a good gas tank as well, and if he hurts Tony, he's gonna be able to finish him, or at least dominate him on the feet from then on.

I think it's a bad style matchup for Tony.

Very interesting fight. I would say that the crafty Masvidal would expose Ferguson striking ( like Pettis did).
Ferguson is very good, but I would bet on Masvidal by late 1st round TKO

Pettis "exposed" Tony's striking? Landing one good punch? Then proceeding to get the brakes beat off him to the point where he quit on the stool because of the damage Tony was inflicting?

Did Pettis "expose" Wonderboy's striking too, since he landed a good shot but actually KO'd him? You know, the same Wonderboy who had Masvidal completely befuddled and freezing like a statue every time he feinted?

I think...we can do better with our "analysis" here guys...

Back