Masvidal: UFC is Protecting Conor, Dana's Boy

I think this is fight that really highlights some people's lack of ability to judge striking, Conor is a couple of tiers above Masvidal in striking.

Don't get me wrong, Till is a better striker than Masvidal too so Jorge is a very dangerous fighter, but there's a very real skill gap.

They're technically not protecting him, because that would imply he would otherwise have to fight against unsavory opponents without their intervention.

The UFC is just gaming the buildup is all, which is why Dana is radio silent on Conor plans.
Give Conor Cowboy, get the idiots salivating that Conor is this unstoppable force once again, spend the next year building up the rematch with...... Hopefully Khabib (from the UFC's perspective), then after a year of buildup crammed down our throats have Conor get embarrassed again, collect his zillion dollars and then leverage it to another fight with Mayweather and hopefully springboard Dana ridiculous boxing fever dream.

Haters bringing up cowboy's losses but when the statistic of Conor not winning in years favored them that was the stat they threw. Can't have it both ways, guy needed a win. Can't give conor someone on a tear if he hasn't won in years right? Handpicked? Yup. They weren't going to put him in against kevin lee and have him fighting off TDs. That benefits no one but Lee. They needed someone who'd swing, has name recognition, and was a winnable fight. Who the fuck else was the UFC going to book? Maybe Pettis? Outside of that I got no clue. Conor is in a weird position that he almost automatically has to headline a ppv but also possibly not champ material. Protected? I suppose but how else do you treat the situation? Before cowboy it had been years without a win and now even still there's tons of questions.

Ideally to me, he fights mas at 170 and win or lose shuts him up. That fight will never be bigger and at least in the USA I'd expect it to out do Conor v khabib 2. If Conor loses at 170, he still could get booked against another top contender at 155 and regain momentum

870318756.0.jpg

Coming from a Conor fan, Mas beats him easily. It's sad that Conor has to fight people who either had no camp or agree to lose before the fight. Mas takes Conor's soul so Dana wants no part of it!
I’m Masvidal’s #1 fan, but I have to disagree with you here. Conor would leave Masvidal bloody and begging for his mamma.

Masvidal is starting to believe his own hype and fame is getting to him. His persona/him as a person isn't that likeable

You just don’t like facts. Conor would lose vs Jorge. Dana knows that this is a terrible matchup for him.

If you don’t believe this, please explain why Conor decided to fight Cowboy rather than fight Masvidal and a) make more money b) make a serious claim at fighting for the WW belt.

Go right ahead.

He beats Cowboy and suddenly it's the second coming... Masvidal is one of the few people who I'd put up there with Conor's boxing skills. And he hits like a fucking bus. Not saying he'd win... but you're smoking crack if you don't think Masvidal has a shot in this one.

I’m a fan of Cowboy but he was knocked out twice in the 6 months leading up to the McGregor fight, is an extremely slow starter, wouldn’t take him down and seems to have issues in big moments...if you think he wasn’t hand picked for McGregor to walk though you’re insane or a recently converted WWE fan. I can all but guarantee he’ll get at least one more “make him look good fight” like Nate Diaz then get decimated by a top contender or champ. I don’t think he can beat anyone in the top 5 at lightweight or welterweight.

He clearly had no problem beating top lw`s in poirier, holloway, aldo and alvarez before. He lost one fight to arguably the best fighter at lw ever and you want to downgrade him just cause you don`t like him. That`s weak sauce bro, anyone can see through that.

Masvidal is upset Conor called him out for being a poser with that Versace robe. Masvidal is clout chasing while Conor prepares for his next title shot.

I had respect for Jorge but now that he is clearly begging for a red panty night...not so much. He should have kept doing his own thing, he created a lot of buzz for himself with his own hands, with a little bit of unintentional help from Askren.
Lol unintentional help? A wrestler based fighter shoots for a takedown and gets KTFO in the process in record timing is helping Jorge out?

I’m a fan of Cowboy but he was knocked out twice in the 6 months leading up to the McGregor fight, is an extremely slow starter, wouldn’t take him down and seems to have issues in big moments...if you think he wasn’t hand picked for McGregor to walk though you’re insane or a recently converted WWE fan. I can all but guarantee he’ll get at least one more “make him look good fight” like Nate Diaz then get decimated by a top contender or champ. I don’t think he can beat anyone in the top 5 at lightweight or welterweight.

It would be a mistake to view Nate as a "look good" fight, given how the last two fights went.

There is no reason to book a Nate fight now. Thats a fight you can book at any time and it'll have interest. That's a backup fight for if Conor loses relevance and the UFC wants one more big payday.

Masvidal: UFC is Protecting Conor, Dana's Boy

<DontBelieve1>

Jorge should just take a step back and forget Conor.

It went from looking like he didn't give a shit to becoming desperate. Maybe go and beat Usman and then strap both belts around yourself and call him out.

love both fighters, clearly Masvidal is looking for a big payday, who isnt? I hope he continues to make that case, this is a real BMF fight.

Still waiting for Mas to fight Leon. Don't talk about matchmaking until you fight the guy you sucker punched 3 times

masvidal is sadly realizing that conor is still more popular than him, and he calls the shots. masvidal wipes the floor with conor, but the fight has be setup first. and we don't know if that's going to happen.

Conors Hype is going to End in two or three Fights. He is a pretty good FW but have nothing to do with LW or WW. Dana can protect him 1 or 2 Fights but the 3 Fight will expose him.

Masvidal is acting like a jealous ex girlfriend it's embarrassing.

Back