Masvidal: UFC is Protecting Conor, Dana's Boy

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
hi-res-3764c2584343f66611000c9b7b683be2_crop_exact.jpg

“Conor, he’s been out for a while and we’re asking him to come up to another weight class that isn’t his and fight the baddest motherf*cker in that weight class. Let the guy get into his groove. When he finds his groove and space, I’ll still be at the top winning. He can come knocking on my door then.

“Right now, it’s sounding like what he said right after the fight, he still wants to get up to speed and do certain things. Get those certain things done and then when you’re ready, get in contact with my camp and we’ll figure it out.

BHLw4HyCQAECNFQ.jpg

“Damn right I’m going to hurt that guy. That’s the main reason why someone smart like Dana White doesn’t put that fight together and want it. Because they can put one huge fight together and all that, but that kind of hurts Conor’s reputation. Instead, get him several small fights . . . like this last fight that he had and keep him winning — and keep that cash cow generating revenue as a 'winner.'

Screen-Shot-2015-09-30-at-12.04.10-PM1-613x319.png

“Because if you bring him on this side, you’re going to have to generate the revenue from the losing side of it and it might not be as much as him winning several small battles. So that’s how I think Mr. Dana White sees this thing. Because if he brings him in on this side, he’s leaving with an ‘L’ guaranteed. They better not put that boy in there with me.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...conor-mcgregor-is-avoiding-the-fight-with-him

Conor 2.0 would take Masvidals head clean off and this is coming from a fan

155 masvidal would have no chance, 170 masvidal has some chance.

Jorge is getting pathetic now. He's mad Conor didn't give him the call-out and publicity.. Now Jorge has to more then likely get dominated by Usman and embarrassed by Leon Edwards.

Coming from a Conor fan, Mas beats him easily. It's sad that Conor has to fight people who either had no camp or agree to lose before the fight. Mas takes Conor's soul so Dana wants no part of it!

I had respect for Jorge but now that he is clearly begging for a red panty night...not so much. He should have kept doing his own thing, he created a lot of buzz for himself with his own hands, with a little bit of unintentional help from Askren.

Jorge is neither Manlet or chinny, fight won’t get booked.

This is the fight to make right now.
It would be huge. But it needs to be made right now, not after masvidal loses to usman.

like the UFC did not protect masvidal by giving him Nate rather than Leon the professional

Data Analyst Masvidal is one of the smartest fighters in the game right now

I’m a fan of Cowboy but he was knocked out twice in the 6 months leading up to the McGregor fight, is an extremely slow starter, wouldn’t take him down and seems to have issues in big moments...if you think he wasn’t hand picked for McGregor to walk though you’re insane or a recently converted WWE fan. I can all but guarantee he’ll get at least one more “make him look good fight” like Nate Diaz then get decimated by a top contender or champ. I don’t think he can beat anyone in the top 5 at lightweight or welterweight.

I would definitely favor Masvidal in a fight with Conor at 170 or catch weight of 165. I doubt Masvidal would be comfortable going down to 155 or 156 if they make it a LW fight. Masvidal is older and has been at 170 for awhile now. My question is when is Conor going to start fighting at LW (155 or 156) against top contenders? Fighting Nate and Cowboy at 170 really doesn't prove much regarding his place in the LW division. Does he fight the winner of loser of Khabib - Ferguson? Does he fight Gaethje? Poirier rematch? Kevin Lee with another win or two is back in the mix. Fights vs. strikers like Felder, Barboza and Hooker would be very entertaining if Conor is willing to truly engage the LW division, rather than be protected and cherry pick fights. Beating Cowboy isn't a big deal anymore as 7 out of the last 11 people who faced Cowboy got their hand raised and 5 of the 7 losses were by TKO.

Has Masvidal got money problems, as he is thirsty?

Masvidal is starting to believe his own hype and fame is getting to him. His persona/him as a person isn't that likeable

Back