Media Masvidal: UFC ‘PROTECTED’ Israel Adesanya from Yoel Romero - who ruined the career of Whittaker

The UFC protected Masvidal too by giving him Nate and not anyone else in the top 5.
After the cheap-shots the fight to make was with Edwards and not Nate.

They "protected" him by giving him Gastelum...someone who hits hard and has an iron chin who many here predicted would KO Israel

Yeah ok that's revisionist history

They "protected" him by giving him Gastelum...someone who hits hard and has an iron chin who many here predicted would KO Israel

Yeah ok that's revisionist history
Not to mention Rob had 16 months to recover from his fight with Yoel. Adesanya only 6 to recover from his bout with Gastelum. And let's not act like Rob didn't fuck Yoel up as well. The damagw is visible.

The Yoel love here might be the most baffling of all the Sherdog positions on fighters. This guy...

misses weight
eats all the acai at Canelo's Taco Emporium
stays on the stool
lost to Jacare
has minimal output in his fights
lectures the crowd about gay jesus
molests fighters he just KOd
only has 17 pro fights in 10 years

<JagsKiddingMe>

It is strange Israel didn't have to go through a Costa or romero for the shot.

However it was also fucking dumb having Whittaker fight Romero again because he beat rockhold while being overweight.

The whole divisions been fucked since bisping became champ and gsp found a easy passage to double champ.

Dude. Costa didn't have a top ten win until he beat Romero. Adesanya had already beaten three ranked opponents including Gastelum for the interim title by the time that Costa beat Romero. Why would he have to fight Costa?

Dude. Costa didn't have a top ten win until he beat Romero. Adesanya had already beaten three ranked opponents including Gastelum for the interim title by the time that Costa beat Romero. Why would he have to fight Costa?
I'm saying before the gastelum fight. When they were both coming up and had potential.

UFC has done it before with like Jones/bader etc.

I'm saying before the gastelum fight. When they were both coming up and had potential.

UFC has done it before with like Jones/bader etc.

Costa had a USADA suspension for that IV and was then obligated to fight Romero at that point.

Besides, even before Adesanya fought Gastelum, he'd beaten Tavares and Brunson. Costa's best win was Hall.

Adesanya had a much better resume.

For all of the shit that Adesanya got for being rushed through the division, I find the fact that Costa didn't get any similar scrutiny to be baffling.

It’s the typical attempt to de-legitimize when a person they hate is successful, pretty common here in the west especially towards certain groups.

The Yoel love here might be the most baffling of all the Sherdog positions on fighters. This guy...

misses weight
eats all the acai at Canelo's Taco Emporium
stays on the stool
lost to Jacare
has minimal output in his fights
lectures the crowd about gay jesus
molests fighters he just KOd
only has 17 pro fights in 10 years

<JagsKiddingMe>

Hey man, Yoel's my boi, but this is funny as fuck.

Costa had a USADA suspension for that IV and was then obligated to fight Romero at that point.

Besides, even before Adesanya fought Gastelum, he'd beaten Tavares and Brunson. Costa's best win was Hall.

Adesanya had a much better resume.

For all of the shit that Adesanya got for being rushed through the division, I find the fact that Costa didn't get any similar scrutiny to be baffling.
No one seem to want to fight Costa though?

He was too low ranked or whatever bullshit.

People seem to want to fight izzy because they all thought he sucked or had no ground game and was a easy win.

Edit: o man I forgot how long they wanted the Romero fight for.

Real fucking stupid.

Adesanya debuted on the card when Romero fought Rockhold. Then he lost to Whittaker, and was then injured or obligated to fight Costa for the next year.

When exactly was this fight supposed to happen?

It should've been Israel vs Romero instead of Luke.

Izzy will beat Romero with relative ease.

Costa did not beat him, was pure robbery

giphy.gif

Masvidal being real.

Saying the UFC champion was being protected by a guy who lost 3 of his last 4 is silly enough. But when you factor in the same guy talking about protection is getting ready to fight for a fake belt, this is just hilarious

Did Yoel turn Whittaker into a bum fighter who lunges forward and hits air again and again shamelessly?

Everyone who isn't a Izzy nutthugger knows he was protected from Romero.

Got the belt by beating a ring rusted bloated WW in Whittaker and struggled against a sick bloated WW in Gastelum.

Who's right? That they protected Adesanya from Romero? I agree, Adesanya would be in a coma if he had to fight Romero. That avatar you got, the words I 100% agree with, man that is a classy avatar looks good on you.

Just Masvidal's opinion, may be right, may not but that's all it is.

He's a clever dude too and knows how to market himself, it could be a case of that too off the Adesanya's hype, there's probably going to be a lot of opinions by these fighters tweeting in regards to Izzy.

He also says it how he see's it too and I admire that, even if I don't always agree.

Back