Masvidal responds to Canelo

Holy hell, biggest nerd on sherdog award goes to this guy. Sorry I wasn't specific enough for your dumb ass. There is a reason boxing has weight classes...too much typing to go back n forth with some bum amateur. Have a good day

And 1 more thing I'm not a Connor fan, I'm a fan of fighting. You just a try hard at making Connor fans mad I can see which worse then being his fan

I made you mad, brah <45>

You were wrong. I’ve highlighted it in black and white to live on in Sherdog immortality. You simply aren’t man enough to admit it. Classic cuck.

But....but....but....boxing has weight classes so a smaller fighter would simply have to tire out a bigger fighter!” SammyCuck; Dec 2019

<Moves>

I made you mad, brah <45>

You were wrong. I’ve highlighted it in black and white to live on in Sherdog immortality. You simply aren’t man enough to admit it. Classic cuck.

But....but....but....boxing has weight classes so a smaller fighter would simply have to tire out a bigger fighter!” SammyCuck; Dec 2019

<Moves>
Putting sooo much work into this troll thing...might be a future in this for you. An I guarantee you were a terrible boxer, if you were worth a shit you wouldn't be geeking it up on mma forums

Putting sooo much work into this troll thing...might be a future in this for you. An I guarantee you were a terrible boxer, if you were worth a shit you wouldn't be geeking it up on mma forums

I’m 31 years old and work in venture capital, lad.

I would hardly give that up for a career as a journeyman boxer, getting my brains rattled for peanuts.

You’re just salty that I proved you wrong, and to be a cuckold.

I’m 31 years old and work in venture capital, lad.

I would hardly give that up for a career as a journeyman boxer, getting my brains rattled for peanuts.

You’re just salty that I proved you wrong, and to be a cuckold.
Giving yourself too much credit, you wouldn't even have made it to journeyman status. You would be stepping stone to a pro career for teenage amateurs

Giving yourself too much credit, you wouldn't even have made it to journeyman status. You would be stepping stone to a pro career for teenage amateurs

Ouch, that cuts deep lad.

Don’t tell anyone, but I have a win against Anthony Agogo on my amateur record.

Guys like you wouldn’t dare set foot into a ring or cage.

Ouch, that cuts deep lad.

Don’t tell anyone, but I have a win against Anthony Agogo on my amateur record.

Guys like you wouldn’t dare set foot into a ring or cage.
Would kick your ass

Something cannot be a real fight and a simulation of a real fight you compete simpleton. The fact you’ve then gone on to actually talk about the differences between a sanctioned mma contest and a real fight in the very next paragraph suggests you’re an utter spastic.

You’ve clearly never fought son. It’s ok. I get it. The harsh reality of a real fight is that most start by throwing hands, and if they do so against Saul Alvarez, they go to sleep.
Trying to posture and call me "son" isn't an argument. You have not come up with anything but attempts to insult me.

I have a black belt in Judo and I'm trained under Renzo Gracie in BJJ. I've trained in MMA for almost 2 years now. No, I don't have any amatuer or pro fights, but that doesn't matter. I've seen a shitload of barfights and real streetfights in my life (they happen quite often in Brooklyn), and ALL OF THEM look exactly the same as what happens in MMA. No differences other than sloppy technique (obviously), because there is no difference. A 1v1 no weapons fight is the same thing, call it whatever you want it makes no difference. The way the human body moves and fights doesn't magically change whether it's in a cage or a gym or a bar, you have no idea what you're talking about if you deny this, and there's no way you have over 50 amateur fights if you don't agree with me. Lying and posturing doesn't make you right.

Canelo would only have a punchers chance against any professional mixed martial artist of his weight anywhere other than a boxing ring. This is a fact.

I watch even more boxing. I also have just a smidgen under 50 amateur bouts to my name and countless more in the youths/cadets.

You don’t need to DM, thanks.

The notion that a boxer ‘has’ to fight someone stronger than him by simply letting them gas is absurd. Hell, Canelo just stepped up to 175 and one punch KO’d a light heavyweight champion. He didn’t gradually break him down and force him to quit.

If you honestly believe that Floyd couldn’t have picked up the pace much earlier than he did and gotten Conor out of there then you know not what you saw son.

You know not what you saw.
It took him 11 rounds to knock out Kovalev you idiot, he didn't "one punch knock out" him, he fought for over half an hour before he knocked him out, in a fight where they were only allowed to use their fists. During that time, he would be taken down and choked out by any professional mixed martial artist within 30 pounds of him. He'd have his legs kicked out from under him multiple times.

There is only a punchers chance of him beating a mixed martial artist anywhere other than a boxing match.

Trying to posture and call me "son" isn't an argument. You have not come up with anything but attempts to insult me.

I have a black belt in Judo and I'm trained under Renzo Gracie in BJJ. I've trained in MMA for almost 2 years now. No, I don't have any amatuer or pro fights, but that doesn't matter. I've seen a shitload of barfights and real streetfights in my life (they happen quite often in Brooklyn), and ALL OF THEM look exactly the same as what happens in MMA. No differences other than sloppy technique (obviously), because there is no difference. A 1v1 no weapons fight is the same thing, call it whatever you want it makes no difference. The way the human body moves and fights doesn't magically change whether it's in a cage or a gym or a bar, you have no idea what you're talking about if you deny this, and there's no way you have over 50 amateur fights if you don't agree with me. Lying and posturing doesn't make you right.

Canelo would only have a punchers chance against any professional mixed martial artist of his weight anywhere other than a boxing ring. This is a fact.

Snap on the black belt in Judo. Great art, and absolutely agree that it can potentially be devastating in the streets. Notice how we agree on that, and would probably be in agreement that it’s relatively ineffective in MMA - do you know why that is? Because they’re different things! As you yourself have already alluded to.

So I have a black belt in judo in addition to a purple belt in BJJ, in addition to a very impressive amateur boxing background (less than 50 fights I should add). I fought Thai in Thailand too. Never competed in MMA. I’m assuming you at least fought competitively in Judo?

Take it from someone who fights - boxing simply works. I was able to transfer to Muay Thai in my early 20’s and have a decent amount of success in that sport, but in your opinion the best pound for pound boxer on the planet only has a punchers chance in anything other than pure boxing? It’s beyond stupid, in all honesty.

Canelo has a punchers chance in MMA, a very good chance in some form of modified kickboxing rules, and is an absolute certainty to win vs Masvidal in brutal fashion in the ring.

It took him 11 rounds to knock out Kovalev you idiot, he didn't "one punch knock out" him, he fought for over half an hour before he knocked him out, in a fight where they were only allowed to use their fists. During that time, he would be taken down and choked out by any professional mixed martial artist within 30 pounds of him. He'd have his legs kicked out from under him multiple times.

There is only a punchers chance of him beating a mixed martial artist anywhere other than a boxing match.

For future reference cuckles, a one punch KO can take place at any stage of the fight. It doesn’t need to be literally the first lunch thrown ffs <45>

You’re literally too new to fight sports to converse with.

Wanna set it up? You Uncle Rico of boxing apparently

Absolutely cuckles, although do I need to know who Uncle Rico is to understand what the fuck you’re talking about.

Get yourself to Scotland and I’ll gladly beat your ass. Bring your lady too and we’ll all have a good time!

Canelo vs Askren, punches and kicks allowed.

According to some here Canelo only has a punchers chance.....

Shertard logic.

Snap on the black belt in Judo. Great art, and absolutely agree that it can potentially be devastating in the streets. Notice how we agree on that, and would probably be in agreement that it’s relatively ineffective in MMA - do you know why that is? Because they’re different things! As you yourself have already alluded to.

So I have a black belt in judo in addition to a purple belt in BJJ, in addition to a very impressive amateur boxing background (less than 50 fights I should add). I fought Thai in Thailand too. Never competed in MMA. I’m assuming you at least fought competitively in Judo?

Take it from someone who fights - boxing simply works. I was able to transfer to Muay Thai in my early 20’s and have a decent amount of success in that sport, but in your opinion the best pound for pound boxer on the planet only has a punchers chance in anything other than pure boxing? It’s beyond stupid, in all honesty.

Canelo has a punchers chance in MMA, a very good chance in some form of modified kickboxing rules, and is an absolute certainty to win vs Masvidal in brutal fashion in the ring.
The reason Judo is innefective is because they don't wear a Gi. No Gi Judo (i.e. WRESTLING) is one of the most effective arts in MMA, so much so that essentially every champion has it as his base. If MMA was fought in a Gi like combat sambo we'd see more of the classical judo throws and takedowns happening, and judo/jujitsu would be even more dominant than they already are.

You are a trained mixed martial artist, you can't pretend that your boxing is the sole art that works. Boxers do not, have never, and will never, be able to consistently dominate other more complete combat arts in that art. This has never happened. A boxer has less of a chance transitioning ot kickboxing than vice versa.

Also I never said boxing doesn't work, my claims were that MMA is a proper simulation of a fight (which it is) and that a man who is only trained in one aspect of MMA would not beat a man who is a complete martial artist, i.e. Canelo can not beat a man in his weight class in a fight that isn't a pure boxing ring. He would not beat Baukaw, he would not beat Masvidal. He has only a punchers chance. We've already seen this numerous times in MMA. Masvidal has no chance against Canelo in the ring obviously, I never claimed he did.

I do not understand why boxers continue to pretend that boxing is the sole art that is superior to all others. In reality it is the least effective single art. It was more effective back in the day when they actually had to fight in the clinch and weren't broken up by the ref when they start wrestling. Dirty boxing isn't even allowed in a boxing ring and it's the most effective part of boxing in a real fight.

For future reference cuckles, a one punch KO can take place at any stage of the fight. It doesn’t need to be literally the first lunch thrown ffs <45>

You’re literally too new to fight sports to converse with.
He didn't even one punch KO him, he threw a left shovel hook which staggered him then a right cross to finish. That's two strikes, not one. Learn to count.

He didn't even one punch KO him, he threw a left shovel hook which staggered him then a right cross to finish. That's two strikes, not one. Learn to count.

Im going to put my hypothetical bout to you since you suggested a boxer would only have a punchers chance vs any mixed martial artist under any ruleset other than boxing.

Western style kickboxing - Canelo vs Askren. Who wins?

The reason Judo is innefective is because they don't wear a Gi. No Gi Judo (i.e. WRESTLING) is one of the most effective arts in MMA, so much so that essentially every champion has it as his base. If MMA was fought in a Gi like combat sambo we'd see more of the classical judo throws and takedowns happening, and judo/jujitsu would be even more dominant than they already are.

You are a trained mixed martial artist, you can't pretend that your boxing is the sole art that works. Boxers do not, have never, and will never, be able to consistently dominate other more complete combat arts in that art. This has never happened. A boxer has less of a chance transitioning ot kickboxing than vice versa.

Also I never said boxing doesn't work, my claims were that MMA is a proper simulation of a fight (which it is) and that a man who is only trained in one aspect of MMA would not beat a man who is a complete martial artist, i.e. Canelo can not beat a man in his weight class in a fight that isn't a pure boxing ring. He would not beat Baukaw, he would not beat Masvidal. He has only a punchers chance. We've already seen this numerous times in MMA. Masvidal has no chance against Canelo in the ring obviously, I never claimed he did.

I do not understand why boxers continue to pretend that boxing is the sole art that is superior to all others. In reality it is the least effective single art. It was more effective back in the day when they actually had to fight in the clinch and weren't broken up by the ref when they start wrestling. Dirty boxing isn't even allowed in a boxing ring and it's the most effective part of boxing in a real fight.

This is actually quite a fair post in the main. I agree on judo - it’s devastating effectiveness in the street, it’s borderline uselessness in MMA, and how the the lack of gi is the main factor behind that.

I’ve never once insinuated that boxing is the only art that works. I’m well aware that in an MMA bout a solid BJJ practitioner could butt-scoot his way to Canelo grab a leg, work him to the ground and find a sub. That alone does not make BJJ a more effective art than boxing - it means you need to have at least a basic understanding of BJJ to do anything in MMA. Boxing, in the context of street fighting, is exceptionally useful - arguably the most useful art in fact. Street fights are NOT MMA bouts - they’re messy, they’re frantic, they often involve multiple opponents, and you absolutely do not want to end up on the ground. Boxing provides a the ability to punch (the fastest, safest way to render an opponent unconscious) in devastating fashion moreso than any other art.

I agree that Canelo would not beat Buakaw in anything other than pure boxing, however Masvidal is not Buakaw or anything remotely close. He would absolutely have a good chance against Masvidal in a modified rules match, and even in an MMA contest would have a punchers chance.

Absolutely cuckles, although do I need to know who Uncle Rico is to understand what the fuck you’re talking about.

Get yourself to Scotland and I’ll gladly beat your ass. Bring your lady too and we’ll all have a good time!
Scotland sucks, come to south Florida so at least you can vacation after

Uncle Rico too cool for you to be compared with so nvm about that

Give Canelo half a year of checking kicks and he beat the fuck out of Buakaw.

Back